TV out trouble (FX5700)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV out trouble (FX5700)

Hi. I have a Gigabyte FX5700 VIVO. It is connected to a CRT monitor, and a TV via S-Video, but I can't get the TV out and the CRT to work at the same time. TV Out works fine, but when I select TV out, the CRT out dies.

I have tried to use all the bundled software to fix it, but I fail.

Thanks in advance.

Re: TV out trouble (FX5700)

I'm not sure if you can use CRT and TV at the same time. Hopefully someone else will stop in and verify, but I had thought that dual display had to be done with either a CRT/Digital hookup or to Digital displays for those cards that support it.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

I haven't used that particular nVidia model but I can tell you that most nVidia cards that allow dual monitor setup can use t.v. and crt at the same time. Right click on your desktop and go to properties. This should open "display properties" screen. Got to settings tab and click on "advanced". Click on "FX5700" tab then click on "nView display settings" in the left hand columm. You should now see the options you seek.
      Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Sweet. =)
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Originally posted by PrairieDawg
          Right click on your desktop and go to properties. This should open "display properties" screen. Got to settings tab and click on "advanced". Click on "FX5700" tab then click on "nView display settings" in the left hand columm. You should now see the options you seek.
          When I do that, the only NView display mode that I can select is Single Display. There is no way for me to select dual display.

What do I do!!

Thanks again

Comment

On the display properties screen (settings tab) do both the monitor and t.v. appear and are they both enabled? My t.v. is currently unplugged from my system so I can't test multimonitor settings but it seems to me that you must click on (right or left click ... can't remember) each monitor/t.v. and enable. You can even drag and drop the screens into their current relative positions in the real world (i.e. t.v. on left or right of monitor). Keep your CRT as "primary" (for now anyway) and then go to the advanced screens to see if nView gives you more options. If you still find no joy then it may be worth trying a newer driver from nVidia.com.
            Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Thanks.

I tried to do what you said PrairieDawg, but in the specific Nvidia settings, both monitors appear, but only as Single Vision modes.

In the Display Settings page, only my CRT appears.

I know what it should look like if it works cos I have a laptop with working TV Out.

I think I'll try to get new drivers.

Thanks for your help

Comment

I'm stuck with drivers 66.93 because the newest 71.89 crash my comp. :(

Comment

Working...
                X