• Flickering in games

System:
    Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
    AMD 3500+
    1GB Kingston DDR400
    Seagate 160,stat
    leadtek 6600GT extreme 128mb
    Samsung 172x

i've been playing games like doom3 and i've noticed that when i walk up to the wall it flickers or refreshes the wall. my refresh rates are all 60 so i dont see why this happens? all the movies i play on it work great its only with the games.

Re: Flickering in games

Everybody has different viewing capabilities as the human eye is different in every person. For grins and giggles try raising the refresh rate if your monitor supports it. With me I have to make sure refresh rates are set to 72Hz or higher. Others do just fine with a lower setting.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

thats not the problem max refresh is 60hz. its horizontal lines that seem to flicker or refresh so that it has a distorted image when i'm moving in the games .. like doom3 for example....
      is it something to do with the fine tuning of the monitor because everything else is working perfectly..

Thanks for your time....

Comment

What video setting in game are you using? With Doom3 the different game qualities should be set in accordance with the amount of memory you have installed in the graphics board. The Ultra setting is designed for 512MB vid boards while the HQ setting is made for those with 256MB memory. I'd use the medium setting for your gaming if you aren't already and see if that helps out. If so then its a matter of your video board not being able to handle the mass textures being sent to it by the game engine.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

my system handles it really well in HQ, the frame rates are quiet high there is no lagg in gun fights or the sorts. the only thing is the horizontal lines... which also occurs in the prince and persia warrior within (only in the movies)

when i get home(at work) i'll try lowering the detail to see if that works but i doubt it....

Comment

i've tried running the game in lower quality and resolution (both and single)
            doesn't work. can someone help as to what i will need to do to get rid of it? its driving me nuts!

Comment

Working...
            X