No announcement yet.

can someone help me with this problem..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can someone help me with this problem..

ok , so i have a Ati Radeon 9600 pro video card . i play Call of Duty and i am having problems with the game shutting down with the error message , codmp.exe has had an error and needs to shutdown. ok so i re-install the game and still the same.. so i start looking through things and notice that directx 9 is needed for the running of this game , and when i run diag tests on my video card it says directx 8.1 or higher is not found i need to reinstall it.. so i do and the same problem happens.. so i uninstall the game , reinstall my video card , directx on top of that , run the tests again and same thing.. so why is my video card not recognizing directx ?? can someone help?? i am stuck...

Puck

forgot to add i am running win xp , amd athlon 2100 , ati radeon 9600 pro , sound blaster live , 756 ddr ram , ad77 infinite mobo ..
    thanx and i hope someone can help...
    Puck

Comment

There's an edit button. :cheers:

When you reinstall DirectX and your video card drivers, make sure you get both from Microsoft and ATI, not from any CDs or whatever the game and card came with.

Also try installing DirectX before the video card drivers, if you haven't already.

Comment

Working...
      X