Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What top fan will fit my Thermaltake V9 case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What top fan will fit my Thermaltake V9 case?

Hello folks,

As in the title, I have a Thermaltake V9 case. I'm going to be replacing all the fans. But, the top fan requires disassembling almost everything. So, I would like to know what size fan will fit before taking everything apart. That way I can replace all the fans at once without have to do this twice.

The top case fan is supposed to be 230mm x 20mm thick. A 20mm thick fan is hard to come by and limits my choices. I was wondering if anyone knows if a 25mm or 30mm fan will actually fit in there?

Thanks,
    Harry

Re: What top fan will fit my Thermaltake V9 case?

Good luck finding a fan to fit your case, besides the stock standard fan.

Check the review on page three by Charles, he tried the Cooler Master 30mm thick fan, and it did not fit. I stopped reading at that point.

Thermaltake V9 Black Edition ATX Computer Gaming Chassis with Dual Oversized 230mm Ultra-Silent Cooling Fans VJ400G1N2Z Mid Tower - Newegg.com

Thermaltake has a new 200mm fan, the Pure 20, which is also 30mm thick, yet they say something about it having a shaved frame to fit Thermaltake cases.

Thermaltake - U.S.A. - Pure 20 - CL-F015-PL20BL-A

But given this picture of the fan in your case, no other fan will fit IMO: Thermaltake - U.S.A. - V9 - VJ40001N2ZA

Comment

Hello parsec,

Several months ago I purchased a 230mm fan that is 30mm thick and I realized it would

I think I found the right fans, but can't answer you. This GD page keeps jumping up and down all over the place. Can't really even type. I've given up. If you can tell me how to make it stop doing that, maybe I can help up both.

Comment

Finally able to click on your finds. Yes, as far as I can tell this case needs 200mm x 20mm, and there are several out there. I will purchase one and hope it works.

Don't know why this page keeps jumping. Took me several minutes to type these couple of lines.

Comment

Sorry to say, it's the endless updates to the Ads on these pages that cause the jumping and ruin the "user experience", if I may borrow that term.

A good Ad blocking program will solve your aggravation. Disconnect works well with Firefox, not sure about IE, etc.

You may have wrote 200mm as I did, but be sure it is 230mm. Some "200mm" fans are not made to the same standard that 140mm and smaller fans are (meaning they are all the same size), so be careful.

This retailer has a fair amount of 200mm style fans, but not many in 20mm depth. I just offer this to you as a reference for different products and possibly more information:

Computer Fans and Computer Fan Accessories - FrozenCPU.com *

More of the same here, you can filter the results by fan size on the left side panel:

Computer Case Fans - Newegg.com

Comment

parsec,

Thanks for the warning about the difference between fans. I live out in the corn fields with no stores nearby. I pretty much just have to order something and hope.

My V9 case came with a side fan that I believe is the same as the top fan. The dimensions of the side fan are 198mm diameter and 215mm separation on the mounting holes, and is 20mm thick.

I did find at least 3 fans to choose from, and a few that I rejected out of hand. I will purchase the Bitfenix BFF-SCF-20020KK-RP Spectre that looks most likely to fit.

Thanks again parsec.
            Harry

Comment

Working...
            X