Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motheboard Cpu Issue

Hello all,

I have an asus crosshair forumla iv with a amd phenom iix6 1090t and some dominator ddr3 4x2 1333 memory along with some intel ssd's sitting here.. The other day the machine just died. All my monitors shut off and the machine would not boot. I tried another monitor, nothing along with anything I could think of.. The machine was taken apart, bought a z97 asrock extreme6 mobo, a new i5-4690 threw in my gtx 680 4gb ftw along with a new evo 840 ssd and put it into a new case I had in a box for a couple years the corsair 600t graphite. All is fine.. Back to the other parts. Wanted to have this tested at like bestbuy to se if the motherboard or cpu are still any good. So here is the question.

Let's say the mobo is dead.. What motherboard ( cheap ) just want to get these parts operational and give the pc to a neighbor or something. So what motherboard with those parts above ( I will list them again ) can I throw this stuff into for the next person. Something cheap, no OC, etc..

Current Parts:

Crosshair formula iv - motheboard
    AMD phenom Ix6 1090T - CPU
    Corsair Dominator CMD8GX3M4A1333C7 - memory
    Intel SSD - 520 series 250 x 2

Toss in a cheap video card for a single monitor.....

So again, I know I am repeating.. If mobo is good, then what CPU to replace ( cheap ), If CPU is bad, then what mobo to replace ( cheap ) with those parts? Just toss out some ideas.. again, just want to put it together and let someone else use it...

Thanks
    Kind regards,
    Saxamo

Re: Motheboard Cpu Issue

Hello
    It is not good idea to bye hardware for test if you don't know exactly which part is defective. It is better that borrow parts from friends to test or ask a service center to find good and bad parts of that machine.

Comment

Working...
    X