• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New to Intel (sort of)

it doesnt get hot at all,ive seen users use upto 1.7v dram

for gpu use 3dmark11

for cpu you can use cinebench11
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

ok cool, I will grab them, thanks.

Comment

Sisoft Sandra is still going too.Its okand still free.
        pc wizard, from cpuid is still going also.. not perfect as its also free :0.

Like heres a overall performance pic from sandra.
        I included some of the components your getting.
        gx as you can see plays a big part in the measurements.
        Aside from that on the simple bar graph(there is a circular chart but its confusing to post).
        The things that "mark me down" are my heh old vertex 2 ssd,my memory,.
        All these processors are overclocked..to varying degrees.
        Things that mark me up are the sli 460.
        For example the z77 with the 2500k cpu is behind me.. nyah nyah etc,but thats only because it has a single gx,its ssd is faster, memory slightly better also and so on,something like that anyway..

Click image for larger version

Name:	compar.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	149.1 KB
ID:	753467
        Last edited by kick; 01-10-2013, 06:06 PM.
        Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
        Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
        Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
        8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
        60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
        GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
        Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
        http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

You have quite a powerful rig there. Congrats! What made you switch to Intel after so long time with AMD? :) A lot of people don't know that Intel CPUs now rock in games as well.

Comment

Originally posted by aridhiou1 View Post
            You have quite a powerful rig there. Congrats! What made you switch to Intel after so long time with AMD? :) A lot of people don't know that Intel CPUs now rock in games as well.
            Got tired of AMD always seeming to fall behind. Plus I want to get into some video encoding and stuff which Intel just really excels at.

So got my rig put together finally guys. I will get some pictures up and some benchmarks.

Quite a hassle all told, twice over two days had to go pick up parts from FedEx, not cool as I Payed extra for 2 day, and it takes 5 days and me driving out to get my parts, lame.

Comment

yes getsome picks up!!!!! its gonna feel lightening quick
              Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
              Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
              Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
              Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
              1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
              1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
              Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
              Razer Lycosa Keyboard
              Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
              Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
              K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
              L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
              Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
              Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
              http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
              Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

So just a quick check in. Working on getting all my software installed, I think I was up till about 3:30 am lastnight pushing updates and the like. Installed Farcry3 and ran it to see how it was going to run. On my AMD 965 running at stock speeds with the same GTX660Ti that I have in my new rig, I was stuck or running low settings and even then I got some choppiness. Now I think something was screwed up in terms of drivers or something, or maybe a bug in Farcry itself as if I tried going any higher settings wise the game would Crash to Desktop, but according to EVGA's Precision X, at 1920X1080 on low, I was getting about 35 FPS max and probably averaged around25-27 FPS. There really is no reason my performance should have been that bad but I got tired of always working on it. So, running FarCry3 today on the new rig, it defaulted to the Ultra settings, so I gave it a shot. I did not have an FPS meter running yet but the game was fluid and zero chop, even when I jumped into a decent sized gunfight. More to come, working on some pics of the build as well and will post some of the build notes. Ohh, so far my stock clocked temps are about 25-27 C while idle, and I have seen as high as 40 C while under load, nothing tweaked yet.

Comment

Working...
                X