X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CORSAIR Obsidian Series 550D Quiet Case Sharing

Re: CORSAIR Obsidian Series 550D Quiet Case Sharing

Back Side
    The upper PUSH button can open both side panels.

Inner Part
    Lower left is for Power Supply, front I/O cables and manual.
    Lower right, the white box, has screws and belts. All different screws have their own packing.

Back side has 12cm fan for cooling.
    CORSAIR 550D is 2 years warranty as high quality of inner fans, front I/O PCB and cables.
    Personally, I think longer warranty for chassis is also an important factor.

Inner Back
    Nowadays, many Cases use back cabling design to make it be simple and clean.
    Also SATA HDD/SSD power cables are also from back. CPU bottom has holes to enhance cooling performance.

Inner top, it supports two 12cm fans. CORSAIR H100 hydro is even more suitable.

This area has two HDD rackets. It is integrated supports 2.5” mounting holes. It supports up to seven 2.5/3.5 HDD or SSD.
    If you are using extra-long high end VGA, you can remove middle HDD racket to have more space.

5.25” device is screwless design.

Bottom left side has a removable filter. Cooling holes are for Power Supply or additional 12cm fan.
    Right side is fixed screw for low level HDD racket. 4 corners have cushion to enhance design and anti-shock.

Only installation can feel the real Case function. I also spend time to install it.
    Also sharing latest Intel CPU - Core i5-2380P, which is 2550K without GPU.
    The frequency is 3.1GHz supporting Turbo Boost 2.0 and up to 3.4GHz.
    It’s physical 4 Cores without Hyper-Threading. It supports 4 threading, called 4C4T.

Back Side
    Core i5-2380P spec is almost same as Core i5-2400. The difference is 2380P doesn’t support HD Graphics 2000.
    The K Skus price is 8USD different. If the price gap can be over 15USD, 2380P C/P will be higher.

Comment

Comment

As Case position, it’s not only spec and performance as other hardware.
        Case appearance and design are more important. Quality and texture are must.
        Also Case can use for many years, picking up a good case is worth.
        This conclusion comes out after I discuss with some friends.

CORSAIR 550D is 3rd models of Obsidian series. The design is different with first 2 models.
        550D size is smaller than 650D as well. The acoustic and dust-proof are also improved.
        550D uses latest and humane design to avoid any interference for installation.
        Even though the price is lowest in Obsidian series, 550D is still mid to high end product.
        Comparing to my ex 120USD cases, this is much better.
        For users who has no budget concern and need good looking, design and quality, CORSAIR 550D is good to pick. :)

This review is also in my blog WIND3C. Any comments are welcome.

Comment

looks really nice the case, just shame they once again didn't make the 5 1/4 bays go all the way down, so not usable for my needs.
          My advice - never visit a short-url, no matter who gives it to you. You can't trust any source at any time when you don't know your target
          Whitey:Snuggles: Zotac Zbox HD-ID40 (Atom d525, worst purchase ever on cpu), Patriot Pyro 60GB (Thanks to Tweaktown Giveaway), 4GB 800' DDR2 SO-DIMM
          Bcube (NAS): ASUS F1A75-I Deluxe, AMD A6-3500 @ 2.1GHz, LSI 9240-8i (M1015) controller, GSkill Ares 1866 8GB blue kit, 4x Seagate SV35.5 2TB, 1x Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB, 1x Samsung HD103UJ, 1x Samsung F4 2TB, Temp. Rebel9 Alu case, Corsair H60, 2x Icy Dock MB973SP-B, NZXT UI01, Enermax T.B. Silence on docks and cpu, Aurum 500W gold PSU. (Draws 65W average, doesn't peak above 100W at any time)

Comment

Huge fan of this case. I am still up in arms about what case I actually want to get. I think this or the Antec P280 is a coin flip for me.

Comment

Working...
            X