what died on me ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what died on me ?

hi, my motherboard doesn't see my cd-dvd and dvd burner they don't work either, tried the settings in bios also,

So is it the MB or power supply ? anyway to test to see if it's either one ? I do start up and shut down a lot because of noise

Re: what died on me ?

Did the CD/DVD burner work before and stop working?

Comment

Originally posted by Russel View Post
      Did the CD/DVD burner work before and stop working?
      everything worked before but the other day the burner was acting up and when I was copy a dvd it said it copied correctly but when viewing it, it wasn't copied right the door on the cd-dvd was jamming up also like not opening up

the computer was asking for the OS when restarting up also
      Last edited by justabrake; 01-28-2011, 12:00 PM.

Comment

What motherboard make and model do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by Russel View Post
          What motherboard make and model do you have?
          Hi, got the gigabyte GA-X48 DQ6 I fixed it last night by hitting the F12 and using a USB external dvd drive and the XP pro and fixed it that way !, I'm not sure of what caused it to loose it's drivers or whatever in device manager but the drives couldn't be recognized, I then plugged in my USB dvd drive and that was good to go so I just rebooted with F12 and did a fix to the OS XP and it worked out so far so good, I think if I'm wrong but I think a virus could have done this ! but I'm not sure, My son had his friends over and god only knows what those people do LOL, But everything seems OK removed the threats (8) of them and and it seems good now ! , Any idea what could have caused this to loose it's use ?

Thanks!

Also to mention I have had got a warning notice from pure network platform service which say's to tell microsoft about some problem but I'm not sure what this problem really is it really doesn't explain anything to you but to send to microsoft ,

Thanks! All
          Last edited by justabrake; 01-29-2011, 02:14 PM. Reason: more info that may have caused this !

Comment

Well, I'm sorry I wasn't more helpful, but I'm glad you got it up and running.

Comment

Working...
            X