1 Freezing Solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 Freezing Solution

In February I built a new computer with Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P, AMD BE550, GSkill memory, and a Gigabyte HD4350 graphics card. Recently my computer would freeze up when coming out of standby, and not continue past the Windows startup splash screen when booting. All very frustrating. I spent a lot of time troubleshooting CPU, harddrive, memory, blah, blah, blah.

Then today I started looking at my video card and remembered when I installed it that it didn`t just go in as it should have. I had installed it in a little bind because of the mechanics of getting the card aligned with the slot it was supposed to fit through in the back.

So after cleaning and realigning the card I started the computer back up and voila! No more freezing or stuttering. Sure it is easy if you work on them every day. I should have known better than to put the card in a bind. It was bound to cause problems. Maybe your freezing problems aren`t related to this but it could be worth a try. Make sure the only place your card encounters any resistance is the slot it is supposed to fit into on the MB and it might help. Just a for what it`s worth.

Plain

Re: 1 Freezing Solution

I agree. Also encountered issue like this that re-seating the video card will help.
    thanks for sharing.
    Windows XP Drivers | HP Drivers

Comment

Working...
    X