Dvd burner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dvd burner

ok people so apparently im a not so smart computer person and i cant find anyone to help me .. so i am trying to install a dvd burner into my computer and i have it hooked up .. i can see the DVD-RW drive in my computer so i know its there but every time i put a disk in it wont read it .. and also when i try to burn something it tells me to insert a writable disk .. i have probably spent over $150.00 in DVD's and cds thinking i was buying the wrong ones .. so can someone pleaseeee help me

Re: Dvd burner

Assuming you are using Windows XP or Vista, it should be a simple plug and play effort to install the DVD burner. If the system sees it and cannot access ANY disks through it, then the burner may very well be bad and need to be RMA'd. Get with the manufacturer and see if they can help.

As for the burning issue not seeing a particular type of disk, that is also likely going to be the effects of a bad burner, but could also be due to the burning utility you are using. I have had several of the drives at work not like certain brands of media but when we switched to Ashampoo (freeware burning utility) those disks would work just fine.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Working...
    X