Thinking of changing my power supply?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of changing my power supply?

hi i have been having some problems with my computer in that it will play some games (Cod4), others it wont(Cod5) and some crash often (Fallout3).

NOVATECH ATI RADEON HD 4870 512M
    CORSAIR 2GB (2X1GB) PC2-8500
    GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R
    INTEL CORE 2 DUO E8400 2 X 3.00G
    ZALMAN ZM600-HP HIGH-EFFICIENCY 600W
    CAVIAR 500GB 16MB 7200 SATAII

I have tried many things from reinstalling the games, reinstalling drivers and reinstalling windows nothing has helped. So i was thinking that maybe my problem was with my power supply.

Was thinking of going for either the Corsair 620w or Corsair 750w but cant decide on weather i should take the one thats modular (620w) or not (750w). Any helpful advice would be nice?

Re: Thinking of changing my power supply?

Pick up a program where you can see the Voltage.. like Lavalys everest or a software given with you're motherboard..
    Pick up the software OCCT or SISOFT SANDRA .. do a burn in ( or benchmark)..and chek the voltage. If he move a lot..you're psu has gone...if don't chek you're overal computer temp..you can saw it by everest too in sonde tab... it's can be you're temp too.. You have enough power for you're pc with a 600w psu..

Comment

Does your case have plenty of airflow (overheating videocard maybe)?

More likely though that your mainboard BIOS needs a bit of fine tuning (go to the Gigabyte forum here for more help in that area).

Comment

well i hav posted in the gigabyte form about the BIOS cause i really dont know much about them just stayed away from them thought if i went near them i would mess up my computer.

I sure that the airflow is fine if it is an overheating problem i hav not found it yet. ill keep looking though.

Comment

Working...
        X