presario sr1620nx internet problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• presario sr1620nx internet problem

I recently bought an older Compaq Presario sr1620nx, the hard drive was toast. I installed a used hard drive and installed winxp with a clean boot. Windows now runs fine but the problem is that there are no network adapters showing in the task manager, hence I cannot connect to the internet. I have tried everything I know...downloaded drivers...read everything...cried occasionally. I also have the following showing the yellow question mark in task manager:
    via ochi ....
    sm bus...
    vga (compatable)...

Do I need a recovery disk set to fix this or is it even possible to fix?Will an external network adapter work?

guts:

3400+ AMD Sempron
    512 Mb ram
    winxp sp1

thanks for any help you can offer.

Re: presario sr1620nx internet problem

Have you been to this page ?:

My first move would be to install the chipset drivers (in original drivers section) and then work through the remaining drivers (picking the most recent version of each from the list).
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Re: presario sr1620nx internet problem

thanks for the link, i installed the chipset drivers, and then tried a few other drivers but am still having problems. starting a new thread posing a better question. mods can delete this thread at will, thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X