SB X-Fi overheating!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SB X-Fi overheating!?!?!

Thats right, I thought it was because my comp kept freezing while playing BF2(The best FPS ever!!!
    well, I could still hear some sound but it was messed up, out of place. I turned the settings down and it still froze. It's probably not the SB tho, I have a fan right on the card. ohhh, and btw, I have my GPU at its optimal settings (686/746). maybe its the CPU (at the moment its at about 33C)
    Thanks homies!

Re: SB X-Fi overheating!?!?!

Just google around for instuctions on how to stick a small HS/HSF on it.

Comment

isnt that a bit iffy?... i have never had an x-fi, but having a fan pointed at it should really take care of any exess heat.
      what temps are your graphics card at?

Comment

well I underclocked the CPU and that solved it, I also plugged the fan in the bottom into the PSU, I guess it was the CPU or GPU putting out to much heat. I set the GPU to stock speeds, I will OC when the Arctic cooler comes, ( I also got 6 fans) I think I might also get some RAMsinks. I did a stress test on the CPU GPU and RAM together and it crashed, any 1 component didnt cause it to overheat because they were fine under the stress tests by themselves. My GPU is at 40C
        Last edited by buhweet; 11-16-2006, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X