Is This A Cooling Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is This A Cooling Problem?

This computer seems to have some kind of power problem. It will stay on for about twenty minutes then suddenly shut off. But the power button remains lit green. The only way to turn it back on is to unplug it.

I was wondering if this possibly means the processor is getting too hot. It is a HP Pavilion 7955. Everything in it is factory. Pentium 4 2.0 GHz or around that. I'm just wondering if this kind of thing happens a lot with HP.

Re: Is This A Cooling Problem?

From the sounds of things, your machine is going into a hibernation state and you don't know how to get it back out again. Alternatively, it could be hibernating and is unable to be brought back normally (a common occurance with some machines).

In either case, if you go into your control panel (and possibly BIOS as well depending on the motherboard), you should be able to disable the feature and compute normally.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

It could also just need the dust blown out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by arromeo View Post
        This computer seems to have some kind of power problem. It will stay on for about twenty minutes then suddenly shut off. But the power button remains lit green. The only way to turn it back on is to unplug it.

I was wondering if this possibly means the processor is getting too hot. It is a HP Pavilion 7955. Everything in it is factory. Pentium 4 2.0 GHz or around that. I'm just wondering if this kind of thing happens a lot with HP.

Ya, I also think that ur PC is going into hibernation state .To disable it try these one by one :-

1. Right click on the desktop, go to properties,go to screensaver.

2. Click on the Power tab, under power schemes select Always On & set other 3 schemes as never.

3. Go to the Hibernate tab & uncheck the Enable Hibernation checkbox.Save the settings & ur problem should be resolved.

If ur problem persists even after this, then I think u have power related problem.Let us know what happened.

Comment

Working...
        X