Foreign hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreign hardware

A friend is sending me a new pc from the USA, I live in the UK, will I have any issues with the psu?

Re: Foreign hardware

Most new power supplies will automatically convert to either 120v or 240v input depending on what comes out of the wall. You may have to slide a little switch on the back of the PSU to set it to 240v if your unit doesn't do it automatically. I think if it doesn't have a switch then it does it automatically, and if it has a switch then it doesn't do it automatically. You will also need to get a power cable that has the right end to fit into the wall.

Comment

thnx for the reply Meesta, Is there any actual documented evidence to support your advise only I dont want to plug it in and have it blow up on me :D

Comment

If you have doubts to the capabilities of the PSU, then wait for it to arrive and look at the brand name and model number, then go to the manufacturer's website and see if it supports both power formats. Unless the power supply is quite old, odds are very good that it will work with either power standard.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Working...
        X