Is my G/card broke ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my G/card broke ?

hi guys just like to say ive read these forums for ages , and it has helped me sort out my m8's problems. But i got myself a problem which i cant work out :( so i would like to lay this problem on your wise minds. would like to hear your views and thoughts on what you's think going on. ok so i guess the system first -

XP pro - fully updated
    Mobo - MSI Neo2 platium lastest bios
    Memory - twinX 2 gig drr3200 cosiar
    Sound - Fidelity X-Fi - lastest drivers also the new beta ones
    CPU/Cooler - 3500+ 64AMD / Cooler master
    Graphics - 6800gt AGP
    hardrive/floppy/dvd drive

the computer never has been overclocked

temp's and voltages -

the gpu goes upto about 72 high load

ok the story so far.. everything has worked great for months then suddenly lockup with looping sound ( my first one ever ) so just rebooted though nothing of it, but it happened again the next day. then all was ok for a week then suddenly it started happening more and more , then there were strange graphic glitches ( the guns in bf2 were blue and there was like static glitches dotted about the screen ) then lock up which needed total computer reboot. so thought il try and fix this read forum after forum and did this -

tried older g/card drivers , bought new memory , reinstalled all drivers , totaly reinstall of windows and lastest drivers , memory test - passed, cpu test - passed, tired some older games see if the problem was there although the game Neverwinter nights didnt crash it did after time start to pop up small glitches things flashing and stuff , tried 1 memory stick at a time and tried other slots , disabled the X-fi soundcard and used the built in soundcard.

although i read here to try disabling the fastwrite i choose not as i want my computer to have it running and would rather have a new g/card then to have it turned off. but after writing this im gonna give it a shot just to test ( il get back to yous asap on that )

ok further more once ive tried all this and put everything back to normal , i dont have graphic glitches no more only totaly freezes after say 5 to 15 minutes while playing games.

basicly i posted this cos it might help others and i want to try everything first before i hand my computer to the guy in the shop cos the g/card is from there and he charges if the card isit broke.

hope ive been clear for yous and correct me if i missed anything out.

looking forward to hearing your views, ideas,thoughts...

Re: Is my G/card broke ?

oh missed something out , only got games install no other crap like anti-virus and stuff

Comment

ok update - turning of fastwrite via the bios doesnt help. so ive ran out of idea's , any of you chaps gonna any ideas ?

Comment

It's possible there's a hardware problem with the video card. Are you able to test any other cards in the system?

Comment

well thats the problem , all m8's have upgraded to pci-x so no1's got agp computers nomore :( so leaves me to find out whats going on with the rig itself.

bit of a update on whats happening , played bf2 yesterday and it didnt freeze up , but there were bugs all some nasty ones over the place , this is on a fresh install of windows with only bf2 installed. had MBM5 running in th ebackground and the temp's and volts were all ok tried to take screen shots but they all came out clear :(

its realy pointing to the g/card now , well this morning i did take the computer down to the shop were i got the card and they said leave it there , but its bank hoilday weekend so they will not look at it till tuesday so i took it home dont trush them with my computer , heard storys of computer shops whipping cdkey's.

so anyway leaves me another couple of days of testing , but cant think of anything to do now but underclock which im not gonna do cos the cards still in warrenty

Comment

I was going to say RMA the card if you can't figure it out. Clocks and temps aside there could be an issue. I'd guess bad RAM on the card.

Comment

Originally posted by Yawgm0th
              I was going to say RMA the card if you can't figure it out. Clocks and temps aside there could be an issue. I'd guess bad RAM on the card.
              thats what my brother said from the off , but i had to pinpoint it. cos the guys in the shop could just say theres nothing wrong and end up charnging me still , even though the card can work fine for hours, even run 3dmark06 a few times off the belt and show no shows of problems.

well i did get myself fraps and have it running while playing bf2 , to catch the errors in action and got these nastly little snaps , lets not forget these kind of errors have happened on more than 1 game , and the problem has just popped up out the blue after everything was working fine for months. cant remember if they were any driver changes maybe one update g/card drivers. anyway heres the link to the bugs in action 5meg a pop.

error1
              error2

oh btw thx for replying guys , its much appreciate.

Comment

Working...
              X