Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD Monitor Advice

Hello

I'm looking to buy a new LCD monitor for my desktop. I currently have a Dell 1700FPW, which I got ages ago and still uses analog... so I'm sure it's very outdated.

I now have a GeForce 6800 Ultra w/ the 2 DVI ports... so I'm ready to get a DVI LCD. I'd like at least 19".. 20" would be nice, if not too expensive... and I really like those glossy screens that reduce glare (my laptop has it, love it )

I'm willing to spend up to $500... but under $400 would be nice... can anyone suggest a really great gaming LCD monitor?? My old one is just so faded-out... ghosting is very bad... I know an LCD won't ever match up to a CRT, but I'd like to get as close as I can.

Any suggestions?

Re: LCD Monitor Advice

This is the monitor at the top of the list right now...
    A little outside the price range, but workable... and I figure it's better to invest a bit more now and have a nicer monitor for a longer period of time.

http://www.gateway.com/home/products...fpd2185w.shtml

Comment

While I was working at Futureshop, that was My favorite monitor there. Just love it.

My second was the Samsung 940B, made in black or silver.

If you want bigger or 1600x1200 resolution, The Samsung 204T would be my pick(20.1"). Though it does bump the response time up to 16ms.

Comment

I have the samsung 740B in black, the little brother of the 940B, and its a great LCD for the price....good contrast/brightness, DVI/analog connections...The Magicolor feature is a pretty nice enhancment feature...clears up text a bit and makes the colors more vibrant.....

keep your old monitor, and hook that up as well....running dual monitors is nice if ya have the room...im glad I do.... :)

Comment

Hey Bros! I'm new on this site and have a question that some here could recommend on.
          Recently upgraded to 7900GTX which is now plugged into my SONY G420 19' CRT, thinking of getting the Dell 2407WFP which is a new 24' LCD, guys I checked out it seems it supports high res and I just would like ur decent opinions on that screen as it costs over a grand and I need to collect as much info as I can.
          Thanks!

Comment

Also that LCD has a response time of 16ms in black to white and 6ms in grey to grey. Is that all right if Im considering in getting a high end gaming monitor. I dont wanna go below 24' inch because that was what I was used to for years and now wand to have a much broader display

Comment

Working...
            X