No announcement yet.

cpu start up problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sweet what type of power supply unit do you have?
    ta ta steve

Comment

PSU-420 watts
      all case fans work but just everything else doesn't.
      i tried my old fan which supplied its power from the motherboard and it works
      so most likely i bent or broke something important on my motherboard?

Comment

Yeah most likely. Maybe its time to upgrade the motherboard or is covered under a guarantee? Bit of a bummer really.

ta ta

Comment

From personal experience it could be 1of3 things.
          1. CPU is hot (someone pulled out the CPU fan plug after I plugged it in, I swear! :o ) easy fix, let it cool down for an hour and try again.
          2. CPU is dead. mobo good.
          This is easy, if you got a spare chip that you can test the mobo with.
          3. Mobo is dead. Sux, but ah well.
          Or combo of 3and2. mobo killed CPU.

But you better hope that you got good dealers that are willing to exchange the stuff you bought.

Comment

There is another option, which is the video card. If possible, try it in another computer. If that is not possible, return it and have the supplier verify if it's good or not. Resetting the CMOS may have been the culprit or some other stray electrical surge. (Static electrical discharge.)

Obviously the CPU cooler fan is connected properly to the mobo or else the whole thing would shut down.
            :-(

Comment

actually you might want to swap ram as well, it also could be the culprit.

Comment

so lets see...you want me to,
                1. Check cup on different computer (formating driver installation)
                2. Try a different cpu on my motherboard (yet again formatting driver installation)
                3. Switch my graphics card to another computer (AND AGAIN formatting driver installation)
                4. Switch ram?
                wow.

Comment

In my drunken state i say sell that old fox on ebay and buy a new computer ;) or even better sell the parts seperatly so you can't get done when the computer doesn't work. I take it we still haven't solved your problem cause its been over a week that your computers been down :(

:laugh: ta ta steve w

Comment

Working...
                  X