Trinitron Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trinitron Monitor

I recently purchased a 21" Sony Trinitron monitor online. After plugging it in today, I was satisfied except for one thing - there is a gel-like ghost to the right of every onscreen contrasting element. Has anyone else ever experienced this and if so, did you find a solution?

Thanx

System specs:
    1280x1024 @75Hz
    PIII 900Mhz
    GeForce2 MX 400 64MB
    384MB RAM
    WinXP Pro SP1

Try the Degaussing option from the menu. If that doesn't take care of it, make sure you don't have any unshielded speakers nearby. Unshielded speakers will be any that are not specifically designed for use with computers.
    :-(

Comment

tried degaussing, only my multimedia speakers are next to the monitor - they are designed to be next to monitors.

Comment

did you make sure the VGA adapter is correctly connected to the monitor and video card... i had that problem on my old P1 rih, had no little screws to hold it on...

Comment

I'm not sure if it was the trinitrons, but one type of the Sony screens had two feint lines running down the screen. They were part of the screen, and couldn't be fixed. It's not something like that, is it?

Comment

yep .. it was the Trinitrons with the lines. My recently deceased 17" flat crt Trintron had a faint horizontal line about one third of the way from the top and another a third of the way from the bottom. The problem thubigcheez is talking about sounds like it could be a color convergence thing. Are there any settings on that monitor to adjust the convergence?
            Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Working...
            X