No announcement yet.

Possibly the Best PC Config Out There!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep but as ya probably know the people who build those new fast gamingrigs don't do it to play Q3, they do it in order to manage the newer games.

Both 5900 Ultra & 9800 Pro seem to manage AA/AF quite well in high resolution like 1600x1200 32Bit even though I agree this features will probably work mutch better in the near future.

I run a Ti4200 128Mb on a very decent gamer (amd 2100+) and it handle UT2K3 very nice in 1280x1024 everything maxed, but if I turn on AA even just 2x then it starts to slow down to a level which ain't good enough for me without lowering the resolution, my Ti4600 is better but still not fast enough for AA. Then imagine what will happen to my poor cards when loading up HL2 or Doom3.. :(

Hey m8, no need to appologize.. :)

Comment

Yes I know, but with so many games being based on the Q3 engine, it is still relevent. In fact, EA has plans to release TWO more MOH:AA add ons for PC...
      Medal of Honor: Allied Assault - Breakthrough
      Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault

And with AA and AF aside, I think you will be able to play HL2 just fine. But for D3, you will have to chop your res down to 800 X 600 or so in my estimation to get it smooth and consistant enough to play with your current system.

Comment

The thing is that games get so damn ugly if they aren't run with at least 1024x768.

1280 or 1600 32Bit with everything maxed gives the best experience though.. IMO I think it feels better to buy games knowing I can get the best gaming and visual experience out of them. Like for Doom3, theres no way I'm gonna settle for as low as 800x600 and therefore I need a better system.

Comment

Working...
        X