ASUS is ready for SATA Express - Early tech and performance preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS is ready for SATA Express - Early tech and performance preview

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "ASUS is ready for SATA Express - Early tech and performance preview"

Re: ASUS is ready for SATA Express - Early tech and performance preview

Very nice article, thanks for that.

Personally, I found the general information about SATA Express the most valuable for my own understanding of this new interface. I've been confused by bad information (ie, coming Intel chipsets will not support SATA Express... true but not an issue, they don't need to), but this article removed much of that.

I also have new questions inspired by this article and other TTown pieces, such as where is the flash storage industry going with the SSD to computer interface. We have SATA Express on the horizon, while Intel will be offering new standard PCI-E interface SSDs in 2014, albeit for enterprise usage, and the M.2 form factor's interface.

I'm disappointed that SATA Express seems to only bring increased sequential read and write speed performance. That won't change most PC users experience with flash storage much if at all. If increasing 4K read and write speeds are solely up to the internals of a SSD, I hope those component manufactures will step up their game, the Samsung EVO's MEX SSD controller being a prime example.

Comment

Working...
    X