Sapphire Pure Platinum A75 (AMD A75) Motherboard Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sapphire Pure Platinum A75 (AMD A75) Motherboard Review

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "Sapphire Pure Platinum A75 (AMD A75) Motherboard Review"

Re: Sapphire Pure Platinum A75 (AMD A75) Motherboard Review

Originally posted by TweakTown
    Starting to move in closer to the board, you can see our expansion slot setup which consists of two PCI-E x1 slots, one PCI-E x4, two legacy PCI slots and a single PCI-E x16.
    Damn, I wish it had 2 PCIe x16 slots. Then I would have triple crossfired them!

We ended up getting our A8-3850 to 3.625GHz as you can see above, while managing to use the 1866MHz memory divider that brought our RAM in at an even 2000MHz DDR.
    Nice! When I first saw the 1866MHz RAM slot I was thinking, "then I won't be able the use the full potential of the 2000MHz RAM from the giveaway". But a little BIOS update and OCing and viola!
    And 3.625 GHz is a good OC, I hope that it will be good for 24x7

Checking out storage performance, we can see that the USB 2.0 performance seemed to be down just a little bit.
    What? The graphs say otherwise! As per the graphs, they are the fastest of the lot!

SSD performance on the other hand is up by about 10% which is impressive.
    VERY impressive!

Above you can see we've got our G.Skill Flare kit running at 2147MHz DDR with a 7-9-7-24 setup. This is the highest we've seen this kit go at these timings to date, but really, this was only the start of our memory success.
    I'm impressed!

Comment

Working...
    X