This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Weekly Giveaway - GIGABYTE Radeon HD 5850 OC Edition video card

@ yans311 -- sure! if you have an extra PSU with 40A on its 12V rail, let's trade? :D

Comment

I became a tweaktown fan on facebook!!!

Comment

@klml-- good for you!

I'm going back home in a few hours and will then be able to install my 5850! I'm really, really excited to try this out. I already made a deal to trade my 4850 with a brand new OCZ ModXStream 500W PSU!

Comment

Originally posted by anonemus View Post
          @klml-- good for you!
          That's cold man. Really cold.

Ha!
          Slave to technology.

Comment

Opps, I forgot to put a smiley. Sorry klml! :(

Anyway, as promised:

Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 05-03-2010, 02:23 AM. Reason: Fixed 2nd 2 last image URL

Comment

New PSU and cable management

Comment

I sure would LOVE 2 add this to my PC !!

Comment

TADANG!

I'm also a fan now!

Von Sevilla here!

Comment

It's already been won by anonemus and he (or she ?) has been posting pics of it in their rig, scroll up a couple of posts.

@anonemus: Looks sweet!!!! Glad it has a good home.

Comment

Thanks, ppuff! My son and I have been re-playing all my 3D games at max settings, and this card is really awesome! Current favorite is DIRT2 the we've been both enjoying the game on all settings high immensely!

Comment

How does the dual fans sound?

Comment

Extremely quiet, even at 100% compared to my old 4850 fan! Been gaming a lot and temps never reach more than 60c by using ATI's CCC

Comment

100% is quiet? Wow, no way?

Comment

Oopps, what I mean is even at 100% fan load, my 5850 is still quiet compared to my previous 4850.

The dual fans are really quiet (well, relatively speaking as I have 6 120mm fans) and my case is on the floor. That's why I'm curious why some Gigabyte 5850 OC owners are complaining about the noise.

I'm just waiting for Gigabyte to release its F5 BIOS as the F4 version introduces 2D/3D control, but I'm not sure if the power draw is lesser when in 2D mode. Prior to the F4 bios, this card runs at full bore even when in 2D environment

Comment

Ahh ok, sounds better that way :)

Comment

Working...
                                X