ATI Catalyst 9.4 Vista Driver Analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI Catalyst 9.4 Vista Driver Analysis

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "ATI Catalyst 9.4 Vista Driver Analysis"

Re: ATI Catalyst 9.4 Vista Driver Analysis

I tried installing the 9.4 update and got the following error "Setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware or operating system." I searched Google and found that almost everyone is having this same issue. I have Windows XP Home SP3 running on a Gigabyte P35-DS4 (rev. 2.1) motherboard and my card is Diamond Viper X1650 Pro.

Any comment? Suggestions? Advice?

Comment

In this version of drivers, ATI dropped all support for graphics cards below the HD2K series, hence why its not finding ur X1650 pro.
      Asrock P55-Extreme
      Core I5 @ 3.2GHZ
      2x2GB G.skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600
      ASUS HD5850
      1TB Samsung SATA II
      Corsair TX650W PSU

Comment

You have the 4890 listed as tested with the Cat 9.3s, did you mean the 9.3 beta 4890 drivers?

Just wondering since I never did get the 9.3s working with the 4890 and I'm curious what exactly these numbers show, thanks in advance. :)

EDITED BITS: ROFL at my sig, looks like I ain't posted here in a few years. :P

Comment

randomness, thank you for clearing that up for me. I guess then I'll just have to stick with the 9.3 version for now. So does this mean I won't get any more updates for my card again? If that's the case then I think it's time to go back to Nvidia. In fact, I've been seriously considering this NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT here.
          Last edited by desktop; 04-12-2009, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by desktop View Post
            randomness, thank you for clearing that up for me. I guess then I'll just have to stick with the 9.3 version for now. So does this mean I won't get any more updates for my card again? If that's the case then I think it's time to go back to Nvidia. In fact, I've been seriously considering this NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT here.

You can only expect a company to support a discontinued product for so long.. After a while there is not much left you can squeeze out of a card anyway.

Comment

Working...
            X