Sunbeamtech Core-Contact Freezer Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunbeamtech Core-Contact Freezer Cooler

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "Sunbeamtech Core-Contact Freezer Cooler"

Re: Sunbeamtech Core-Contact Freezer Cooler

I've been looking for this cooler in Australia for a while now.
    Can't find it anyway, annoying as heck to get hold of.

Comment

I can't believe you are just now seeing this technology... this came out last fall some time. OCZ released a second generation Vendetta HDT (Heatpipe Direct Touch) after a very successful 1st gen Vendetta. There was another company, Xigmatek that jointly developed this tech with/for OCZ. One reason for its lack of availability may be from a license/patent dispute with the afore mentioned companies.

Fully agreed though, great concept. I have an OCZ Vendetta at home in my rig right now.

Comment

interesting!
        Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Modster PC in New Zealand ship to Australia and have this in stock. They will also ship to USA.
          Last edited by Mr.Tweak; 08-15-2008, 02:31 AM. Reason: SPAM

Comment

Just bought this cooler. Was using hyper tx2 (cooler master). Temp only dropped 2 degrees centigrade. e8400 with gigabyte mobo. Maybe i didn't use enough thermal paste.
            If you have any thoughts on this let me know.

Comment

These coolers do require more thermalpaste since they are grooved. The best method that I found is placing a large dot of AS5 in the middle of the processor. Normally this would be the size of a pea, around 3-4mm but on the HDT type it needs to be around 6-7mm.

Comment

Working...
              X