X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Athlon 4850e

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "AMD Athlon 4850e "

Re: AMD Athlon 4850e

The benchmarks in this review are next to useless! Why are you running gaming benchmarks on a HTPC? Where are the HQV-HD benchmarks? Why wasnt the machine given a bluray drive to be included in the peak power usage tests? Any comments on the noise of the stock 4850e CPU fan? What about the heat load the passively cooled graphics card adds to the case and if it is worthwhile?

Its as it your reviewer has forgotten that this was meant to be a HTPC review after the first page and has gone on to churn out a bog standard gaming rig review

Comment

Originally posted by sir_ob1 View Post
      The benchmarks in this review are next to useless! Why are you running gaming benchmarks on a HTPC? Where are the HQV-HD benchmarks? Why wasnt the machine given a bluray drive to be included in the peak power usage tests? Any comments on the noise of the stock 4850e CPU fan? What about the heat load the passively cooled graphics card adds to the case and if it is worthwhile?

Its as it your reviewer has forgotten that this was meant to be a HTPC review after the first page and has gone on to churn out a bog standard gaming rig review
      Agreed. Also I would like to see how it peforms against other HTPC rivals namely Geforce 8200 .. and Intel G35 etc. Power consumption and load during 1080p video is must have for HTPC. This review didnt' cover what it should.

Comment

...and your bar graphs don't start at zero on the x-axis. I shouldn't need to tell you why this is a Bad Thing.

Comment

I hope there is something wrong with how you measured power consumption, because the numbers are terrible. My system is significantly more powerful, and it idles at about 100 watts and I've never seen it above 200 watts (measured by plugging the power supply into a Kill-A-Watt, so monitor and speakers are not included):

Core 2 Duo 8400
          Radeon HD 3850 512MB
          Abit IP35 Pro
          2GB DDR2-800 RAM
          DVD-RW
          320GB + 160GB hard drives
          Floppy drive :-)
          CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 650W
          3 case fans
          Windows XP Pro

Also, I second the comment about the starting your bar graphs at 0.
          Last edited by mcnels1; 04-30-2008, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the review, although I'd like a Blu-ray playback-benchmark-test too (as AMD 4850e is what most people would consider as a HTPC-CPU), both with DXVA (video-acceleration) and without. Also, I don't understand why it says at "Power Usage - Watts" that "(Higher is better)".. I think less wattage required is better.
            Greetings.

Comment

Working...
            X