NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT 512MB G94 Tested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT 512MB G94 Tested

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT 512MB G94 Tested"

Re: NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT 512MB G94 Tested

There wasn't alot of directX 10 testing. And what little they did, the 9600gt did exceptionally well. I think people forget that since this is a new series, who knows what tweaks they did to the architecture. CUDA (ageia physx), possible big future directX 10 improvements with updates, HD improvements etc.. None of which we can see yet.

Little bit off topic, but I'd really like to see the Vista Experience Index point (for video cards) listed in the benchmarks in the future. Not everyone has a fancy rig to benchmark with, but that index number is the same no matter what your running. Gives people a good idea of what to expect. (Unless all the newer cards 8800 and above are pulling 5.9's, then it wouldn't make a difference. I wouldn't know because my 7900 fried and I'm in the market to buy a new card)

I also noticed the card did better in most cases in Vista, then in XP as far as the game benchmarking went.
    I'm about to purchase a new card, and I can't decide between the 9600GT or the 8800GT. If they don't price gouge like normal when new cards are released, I'm leaning towards the 9600gt. I don't game at high resolutions so it seems like the best choice considering what I mentioned in the first paragraph.

I pretty positive there is more to the 9xxx series then we've been told or seen so far. It seems like it's always the case with a new series of GPU's... NVIDIA always holds something(s) back until needed. Any thoughts?

~r

EDIT: I know they've already arrived at bestbuy, some store have already had them on the shelves (Accidently I'm sure, happens all the time with products, games, dvd's) Anyone who works at bestbuy who claimed they recieved them know the pricing yet? There were a few bestbuy employees who said they unloaded some off the trucks, here in the forums and on other boards forums. I really would love to know how much they're gonna cost.

Comment

Re: NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT 512MB G94 Tested

Well I have a 9600GT that is heavily overclocked. Got it at 750-1900-2100 (Effective). It hasn't failed to surprise me since I'm using the stock passive cooling system. I do however have two fans cooling it from the top and the bottom. Temperatures range from 45 to 52C at full load depending on ambient temps. The only thing that bottlenecks my 9600's performance is the PCI bus I have on my cheap MSI motherboard. It's PCI-E x16 but only runs at x8. That means I get less than satisfactory framerates on most games. That's not the card's fault though. I give compliments to the chef that cooked up this brilliant card.

Comment

Working...
      X