SideWinder Force Feedback USB wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SideWinder Force Feedback USB wheel

I have a Sidewinder Force Feedback USB wheel, that I purchased about 12-18 months ago. I was running ME at the time, so I loaded the Sidewinder Controller software 4.0. You can only find version 3.02 on MS website, so go figure. I have XP now, and want to load the drivers. Does anyone know where I can get the drivers for my wheel, for XP? I tried just plugging it in, and XP does find it. However, I don't have all the features that the controller software had. I also had a issue where my cpu usage went up to 100 when I had the wheel plugged in. I unplugged it, and my cpu usage went back down to 0-2. I figure it must be due to not having the correct drivers.

Anyone else running this wheel and XP? My wheel is all black. The newer ones have red on the wheel, I don't have the newer one.

Thanks for any help.

Steve

Check out logitech's website http://www.logitech.com

I have the newer version with the red on the wheel ... not really sure if that makes any difference or not but v 4.20 http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?pa...2&languageid=1 works great for me. Good luck.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

You say logitech, but I have the Microsoft Sidewinder. Do I still go to logitech for the software? Did MS buy Logitech or what?

Thanks,

Steve

Comment

Sorry dude ... my bad .... got my gamepad (MS Sidewinder) and my wheel (Logitech Wingman GP) mixed up. I did manage to find a file labeled "Sidewinder Precision racing wheel 4.0.exe" at DriverGuide.com but the reports on its reliablity were somewhat less than awe inspiring. Dunno if a direct link will work or not but if you want to try it go for it. http://www2.driverguide.com/uploads/...s16/33866.html Membership to driverguide.com is free and hassel free so join up if it asks you to.
        Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

No problem. Thanks for the tip on the driver. I tried just the regular driver, and that isn't what I'm looking for.

I don't understand why MS doesn't have any information on this wheel, on their website.

Furthermore, if you buy the MS force USB wheel today, what software does it come with? Does anyone have a new MS wheel?

Thanks,

Steve

Comment

I emailed MS, and they said to load the Sidewinder Controller Version 4.0, that shipped with my wheel, a year ago??

Moto1 NHRA Drag Racing Main Event doesn't see the wheel. It is the only gaming device I have. Windows Game Controller in the Control Panel shows the wheel is installed correctly. The tests work fine.

Are there any XP updates besides Windows Update and DirectX 9? Is there a USB update of some kind?

What a joke!

Steve

Comment

Working...
            X