America's Army

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America's Army

I have turned almost every setting to the minimum, but i still have average 15 fps. So isn't my computer enough for this game or do you have any tips?

Specs:
    900mhz Celeron
    Creative GeForce3ti200
    384mb ram

:cry: :thumbs do

Hey 15 fps ain't bad,if you camp or snipe!lol,j/k.Try updating your video and sound card drivers,get latest direct x.By the way,great video card,why did you cheap out on the processor?that's your problem right there.You can also check the many great tips and tweak guides hear at" TweakTown"look under the guides or articles section.If you can afford to,get rid of your celeron and get yourself a real pentium!

Comment

i upgraded my computer with that video card .
      The newer drivers to the vc slow my computer startup, so i'm not installing them :no: .

By the way are you crazy? im not installing directx 9!!! :hammer:

: peace:

[ added ]

the only thing you can do in america's army IS to camp and snipe

Comment

ahh, recommended processor: 1,4Ghz Pentium4 :cry:

: party ha :thumbs do

Comment

Aze,when you updated your drivers did you properly uninstall your old drivers?About dx9,i'm sorry I meant DX8.1.Your choice of processor is a good start,but have you thought about the newer Northwoods w/533 bus.Prices have dropped,go have a look at P4 2.4B w/533 and Asus P4PE motherboard.Btw did you check the tweak guides hear at TweakTown?

Comment

Yep, your CPU is limiting you severely, and that's the major cause of the problems. Upgrading to 512MB of RAM will also help a great deal.
            My Machine

Comment

Pentiums are good. But if your not loaded you should buy an AMD proccesor if your gonna go up a significant amount of speed. Im running an athlon xp 1800+(1533mhz). and Americas army runs Great. YOur video card is better than mine too. Go with AMD.

(youll have to buy a new Mother board):snip:

Comment

I have a 1.8 ghz processor, but its a celeron. I have a stock hp pavilion 513n, can I get americas army to run smooth? I don't know what my fps is, but I know that my AA runs choppy and laggy when lots of shooting starts. Any ideas?

Comment

Sadly a 1.8 Celeron would be one cause of problems as AA is quite CPU dependent. 512MB of RAM is sufficient, but you don't mention what graphics card you have. If it's an GeForceMX of any kind (GF2 or GF4) then even on a 3Ghz CPU that card is incapable of running AA smoothly.

America's Army is based on the Unreal Tournament 2003 engine, which means it has a lot of advanced features and even with all the options set to the lowest possible, some things like high polygon counts for characters and terrain, and audio effects like the SAW firing and so forth will cripple slower computers.

Try my America's Army Tweak Guide if you haven't already to see which settings have what affect on performance.
                  My Machine

Comment

cpu and vidoe card is too slow to run teh game.

i got a quesiton, do we have to pay to play or download american army?

Comment

Originally posted by smokin_pc
                      i got a quesiton, do we have to pay to play or download american army?
                      nope, it's 100% free

Comment

Originally posted by PersianImmortal
                        Sadly a 1.8 Celeron would be one cause of problems as AA is quite CPU dependent. 512MB of RAM is sufficient, but you don't mention what graphics card you have. If it's an GeForceMX of any kind (GF2 or GF4) then even on a 3Ghz CPU that card is incapable of running AA smoothly.
                        wat thats not true on my old comp i had a P4 1.8 c ,256RAM, and a blaster 8 onboard vid card. and i got around 20 to 60 fps in game.
                        MOTHER BOARD : GIGABYTE K8N-SLI NForce 4
                        PROCESSOR: AMD X2 3800+
                        GRAPHICS CARD: EVGA 7800GT 256mb
                        PSU: Enermax 535W
                        MEMORY: Kingston 4x 512 pc3200 = 2GB
                        Hard Drive: Seagate 300GB HDD 7,2000 RPM
                        MONITOR: 19" Sony
                        windows XP: home

Comment

A P4 1.8 is much faster than a Celeron 1.8, 256MB of RAM is barely enough and will give you lots of stuttering and pauses as textures load, and no onboard video will run AA fast enough to give you "20 - 60fps" at any resolution or settings.

I'm trying to give realistic advice here so people don't "upgrade" to an MX card or Celeron and then become disappointed. Fact of the matter is AA is very system intensive and even at the bare minimum options, AA v1.9 onwards will still have a lot of details which can't be switched off or toned down and hence playing on outdoor maps (or outdoor sections of most maps) will absolutely cripple framerates (i.e. 10fps or less with SAW/RPK fire).
                          My Machine

Comment

Working...
                          X