BF1942 and TB Santa Cruz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF1942 and TB Santa Cruz

What sound settings are best for playing BF1942 on a TB Santa Cruz Card? I'd like the MAX possible...:D

System Specs

XP 2100+
    512 2100
    Ti4200 128
    TB Santa Cruz
    Logitech Z-640 Speakers
    Etc.

This is my first post, so I wanna say hi and thanks in advance!

Just toy round and experiment until you get the effects you want:laugh:

Comment

When I maxed out the settings, and after a couple of minutes of playing, only a shrill whistle was emitted. I've lowered the settings and the game is playable, but the sound is less than adequate. In fact I was more satisfied with the sound from the onboard AC'97 and 2.1 labtecs. The phenomenum is limited to BF1942 and in all of my other games and moves the sound is superb. I was hoping that someone with the same card could enlighten me as to what has worked for them.

Comment

Don't max out the settings. Used the ones I recommend in my guide for the best performance/stability/audio quality. Set to software sound if need be, with High or Medium detail 22Khz 32 Channel audio. It sounds great and performs quite well. Maxing out the settings for most people usually results in audio glitches and problems.
        My Machine

Comment

Thanks Persian. I have your guide in my favorites and it's awesome. I'll be a good boy now and follow instructions as I know I should. I mean, who doesn't get the urge to try and max out new toys... :D

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I think you should experiment! No harm at all in that, but I think from everything I've seen and heard few people have trouble-free performance at high settings. Just too many audio glitches with everything maxed to enjoy it :)
            My Machine

Comment

Working...
            X