• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Runs awesome on my rig
    Athlon XP 1600
    gf4 mx 440 (gainward golden sample)

the windows version however....meeh.

The demo does indeed have low-res textures than the final. It generally has alot of things missing....being a demo and all.

Most entertaining the people out there that have absolutley no idea wtf they are doing and dismiss it as 'just another slow q3a game'

Anyway, local mirrors still getting pretty hammered. Its taken me longer to get that ~4meg update than it did to get the demo itself.
    sheesh

Comment

I have noticed a slight slide towards the q3 style of gameplay. but it's still fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
        I have noticed a slight slide towards the q3 style of gameplay. but it's still fun.
        :cry:, ok I got to go d/l it. Wait a min, my comp is only going to get like 2fps :cry: :cry: :cry:

Comment

:D
          If any of you don't have the extreme top of the line in everything, and you would like to try one tweak that I haven't seen mentioned, then try this. Go into the System folder of your game and open the UT2003.ini file and make the first part of your file look like this:

[Engine.Engine]
          RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
          ;RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice
          ;RenderDevice=Engine.NullRenderDevice

My system ran smoother, with better effects and frame rates using the opengl renderer.

AMD Athlon 900(OC to 1000)
          512 PC150 Kingmax
          Abit KT7-Raid
          2- 40 GB Maxtor 7200 rpm
          Lite-ON 24x10x40 cdrw
          Lite-ON 16x DVD
          Soundblaster Live Value
          Windows XP Pro SP1

Comment

I must admit while preparing the UT2003 tweak guide I did try that option and I didn't see any difference in image quality or fps whatsoever using OpenGL.

But that's on a P41.7 @ 1.85 and you may be correct in saying that for slower CPUs it may show a nice improvement.

I'll certainly include it in the final version of the guide, but maybe Epic will allow you to choose your renderer in-game (like the original UT).
            My Machine

Comment

Working...
            X