No announcement yet.

Warcraft 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flaco, is you have never played a 'craft' type game, you will love it for a significant amount of time. Multiplayer is only fun (and very fun at that) until you and your friends all get really good. Once you get good, it just becomes really hard work.

Comment

Well i've been playing it solid for a week and a half now and i like it!:thumb:
      It has a reasonable story line plays ok'ish
      There are things that piss me off though, and that is the low unit cap of 90, the fact you can only select 12 units at a time, and in multiplayer if you have computer players in you get rushed by a whole heap of troops at the start.
      Other wise it's not a bad game, the NPC's are a nice touch, although they can be a pain sometimes, with a few more options in multiplayer it would be a great game

Comment

Thanks for the cheering up Zeradul...i'm gonna buy the game...and i know there is a big chance that i'll fall in love with it and get addicted to it...Thanks dude...:thumb: This Wednesday...its mine!
        - Damien

Comment

I enjoy the single player very much. There are four campaigns (one 4 each race) and 9 chapters in each campaign, minus two chapters per campaign are just long movies, plus a three chapter prologue with the orcs, so... 4/3... tan 57.... -20.... ****. 30-odd hour or longer missions. Custom games suck versus the computer because the computer has good early-game (they rush quick-style) and poor mid and late game (attacks are 8 man at most, never thoughtfully constructed armies - just whatever pops out.

BZ is right, dont play good people. Games become work in that kinda situation. Get it, burn it, crack it, and dont play on BNET. Get three of four other friends to LAN every weekend for a month, and switch it up with teams and comps and all that.

Hereos kick ass. That is a continually upgrading unit that can rape 10 man armies when its above level 7 and the magic is used properly. I've taken out entire secondary settlements with only a blademaster level 6. Just mirror image into three guys, and make certain the real blademaster is never the focus of the majority of attacks. If he is, windwalk to a fountain of health or behind some trees to regenerate.

Night elf are the best race thou. In a game of 6 (me and one pc vs 4 pc) the night elves tend to be the last comp standing, and with the wisp collecting lumber without cuting down trees you just strategically hide wisps across the map to spy on opponents and collect lumber at the same time. I wonder if blizzard made those guys have night shadow invisibility or not... dont remember

Comment

TODAY BABY TODAY WARCRAFT 3!!!!:thumb:
            - Damien

Comment

I GOT IT I GOT IT!!!!!!!!:)
              - Damien

Comment

OH lordy....
                I just started playing with the world editor part of W3. Makes the game 10 times better... not because i have time to learn it and make good maps - no, beause with the power that thing has, nerds on the internet will be pumpng them out soon, and they'll be AWESOME! Game gets 9/10 in my book.

Comment

early impressions: I like it.. tis very good.. :)

Comment

Very good game the 4v4 are intense....:thumb:
                    - Damien

Comment

I wonder if the editor will allow skinning of units. Thay could easily allow non-developers to make major variations of the game (i.e. regular players making a SW based variation of WC3)

Comment

hey... has any of u guyz noticed that in the ending credits...
                        the marines and hydralisks (of course from StarCraft) show up...
                        complete with full face closeup...

makes me wonder, are they also available in the world editor ??? (through some tweaking or editing the config ?)

the skinning can't be done thru the worldeditor, no... :(

Comment

Working...
                        X