Grand theft auto 3 a winner...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shooting method?....

its exactly like max payne and even a brain-dead midget with one arm and a bad case of lepracy could shoot stuff easy.....:shoot2:

Comment

Originally posted by zeradul
      I heard from Peter Jennings that Australia has banned GTA3??? wtf??
      When it first came out on PS2, they pulled it from the shelves after a few days.. Took a few minor things out of the game and re-released it..

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowman
        yep, hey waz up wit that purple suit(Anyone that walks down town wit a purple suit on deserves woopin...)yea or nay???????
        yea.
        i have gta3 for pc, its awsome, i had to run some 3rd party performance increasers to up the fps, but now it runs great.

Comment

i had to run some 3rd party performance increasers to up the fps
          like what?

Comment

like what?
            Some "special" patches that let you play the game off your hard drive and some 100% legal(as far as I know) patches to remove certain things from the game that lag the performance like newspapers and rain.

Comment

All i got to say is the same thing i said the 1st day it came out and i got it it still LAgggs not to mention that it hangs. This would be a sweet game if it didnt have major memory leaks, better gfx engine, and better programing. Otherwise i love this game

Comment

Well if you have problems with IT lagging then you don't have a powerful enough computer to handle the resolution you are currently at. So! turn down the resolution, and eventually it will run fine.

I think it is hillarious when people automatically think the game is at fault.

I would think that effects like rain and newspapers are adjustable in the game options??! Just un-check them like in every other game if your computer can't handle them.

Comment

Zeradul,

Before you go and tell people they don't know what they are talking about it might help if you actually check it out first.

A lot of people do get severe problems with GTA3, but there is a patch <a href="http://files.ausgamers.com/?agn=details&id=2385" target="_blank">here</a> for all Windows XP users, who seem to be the main ones suffering with it...

Comment

Yes they were in too much of a hurry to get that one out the door to get ppl's $'s without cleaning up the shoddy code work. :(
                    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I take back everything I ever said about GTA 3 - It rocks!

I have a problem though - When you die, sometimes, the game will freeze and the HDD will access for a long time. Any ideas?
                      Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
                      Managing Director
                      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Well I apologize then. It isn't often that a programming flaw is described as 'lag'.

Comment

Game runs fine for me.
                          Athlon XP 1600
                          512meg ddr
                          epox 8kha+
                          leadtek gf2 pro 32meg

Running @ 1024x768 under XP with that fix from MS that is supposed to decrease the laggyness. (which i didnt experiance in the first place, but it never hurts to be up-to-date)

The second island runs a little choppy, but only when its raining. Whenever it starts to rain, and i gotta do something important (ie- im on a mission or trying out the latest uber jump i just found) i just use the cheat to turn the weather back to clear & sunny. :)

Turning off trails and lowering your draw distance works wonders as well. Just tweak the game like you do Colin McRae Rally 2.

Once youve finished all the missions & side missions, it gets a little boring. Lets hope there is a mission pack coming out soon.
                          Same goes for War3.

Comment

Originally posted by zeradul

I think it is hillarious when people automatically think the game is at fault.

I would think that effects like rain and newspapers are adjustable in the game options??! Just un-check them like in every other game if your computer can't handle them.
                            zeradul i fell u are right in most cases but consider this that the game has been out on PS2 meaning its been coded for the PS2 having it run in some sort of emulation of the PS2 isnt working out well. O and the "lag" is probobly my PC's fault but my friend has a intel p4 2.4ghz 1gig ram gf4 4600 and it runs fine as soon as u unload a clip it stalls... we have installed all the mods/patches playd with the resolution and so on and still the same thing. Also read some posts on www.gta3.com ALOT of ppl with high end systems are having problems with it. Yop just like u said its the PC fault and not the games fault o and BTW have u played the game or u cant cause it will not load :laugh: see if u played with this game i mean played with it not on it you would see that there are no un check boxes (one of the reasons for there being no boxes is that when running on the PS2 this feature is never there) Final Words: a PS2 emulation game that just got pushed out of the door too fast

Comment

Strange, i have'nt had one single little problem with the game. Not any lag of hang up's what so ever...
                              Running it at 1280x1024 32bit max details with trails enabled etc...

:confused:

Comment

Well with my Gf4 4400 the game runs awsome untill it stalls i haven't reinstalled it since i kicked the TNT2 out guess ill do that after i get rid of some bugs on pc

Comment

Working...
                                X