No announcement yet.

Doom III Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

na im thinking of something a little bit more realistic then them...

Comment

Originally posted by Bahamut Zer0
      Alot of aussies dont have broadband connections to the net either, I myself have pretty much given up on online play. There is only so long one can put up with 56k/incompetence of our govt.

My heart is totally in BZ's statement.

I would like to see some of the Yanks who whine about their Cable/ADSL connection come here and PAY THROUGH THE NOSE for substandard speed and reliability. To make matters worse, phone lines (by and large) are crap in Australia compared to the U.S.

Not having a go at Americans in general, just the minority who shoot off their mouth with little thought in what they are saying

And I strongly reject claims that user-created Unreal mods are not played... I play them all the damn time thank you very much! Part of the reason I don't play any of the Quake based games online anymore is the arrogance and "h4x0r 5P33k" of so many there. Oh, and the whingers who blame lag for their lack of skill.

Still I believe the best money I ever spent on a game was Wolfenstein 3D : peace:

[/RANT]
      What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Exactly. Like I said before, I don't have the patience to argue... but I'm with you guys

Comment

Originally posted by heretic
          na im thinking of something a little bit more realistic then them...
          Well, you asked for it... <a href="http://gamespot.com/gamespot/features/all/e3_2002_bestof/p1_02.html" target="_blank">The Sims Online</a>... If I see anyone think about playing this I'll slap them myself...

Comment

Originally posted by beefy [B]Well, you asked for it... The Sims Online... If I see anyone think about playing this I'll slap them myself...
            THE SIMS!?!?!??! if you think the sims is realistic then i suggest you seek medical attention....FAST!

what im talkin about is a gta3 style (maybe 1st person) game where you run arround, interacting with others and carring out acts of senceless violence!!!

Comment

Originally posted by beefy
              [B]Well, you asked for it... The Sims Online... If I see anyone think about playing this I'll slap them myself...
              THE SIMS!?!?!??! if you think the sims is realistic then i suggest you seek medical attention....FAST!

what im talkin about is a gta3 style (maybe 1st person) game where you run arround, interacting with others and carring out acts of senceless violence!!! :thumb:

Comment

just wanted to make sure i got my point across :D

Comment

You want realistic GTA3? So basically once you're a wanted man and arrested, you can't play again for 10 years? I'm sure that'd be a real hit.. :D

Comment

your only saying that cos you would always be in prison...

na well of course you would leave out that feature... maybe reset the players score when they get arrested or somethin...

maybe even have a police class that people could play so there can be some balance between senseless violence and police brutality:hammer:

Comment

so you want something more like State of Emergency than GTA3...

Comment

never herd of it...

bit of hitman mix too... concealing weapons and all round sneakyness would be cool

hmm... might have to learn some game programming and make this hybrid game

Comment

SoE was made by the same people as GTA3.. it's basically a riot game.. :)

Comment

oh yeah i have herd of that... is it any good?

Comment

dunno.. never played it

Comment

If you don't have a decent internet connection, I can see how you can't relate to my arguement. All I ask that you do is compare your single player experiences to the last lan party you were at. (the time spend NOT transferring warez/media/etc)

No storyline, cinematics, "scripted sequences", etc. can compare to HUMAN competition.

And THAT is my point. I am NOT putting down singler player as much as I am trying to expose the quality of play that is multiplayer.

========

You do realise id Software are releasing DoomIII as a single-player only game with extremly limited multiplayer support?
                                This is a very telling quote. Have any of you guys ever played a free player made mod? Created, distributed, hosted all by people donating their time/resources? I know your internet infrastructure is weak, so I don't blame you if you haven't and I'm not attacking you either.

Quake 1 had the EXACT same rumor about it, as did Quake2. (referring to the above quote)
                                Carmack and his group are brilliant. They realize they are only providing a platform for play. They make their games easy to 'mod' so that an above average coder has an easy time making a mod. A handful of people work for iD, compared to the thousands that are willing to put time and effort in and make their own mod

iD knows there is no way they can make 80 mods into one game - they don't have the time - BUT their player base DOES. And that is the difference between iD and so many other game makers. You have to be good to make a game, but you have to be REALLY good to make a game the average coder can easily modify to his liking.

Buying a game made by iD, shouldn't be done for what you get immediatly in the box, you are in actuality buying a liscense to freely download and play 50+ player made, and maintained mods.

Just imagine this: If this community (tweaktown) had formed around a game mod, with tweak being the forum host, and mod creator. We'd be able to make suggestions to him, ask about patch updates, talk about servers etc. And then on a daily basis see each other on the servers for some friendly competition. Wouldn't that KICK ASS? This IS a reality. Hundreds of communities exist, with direct contact with the game maker.

Alot of aussies dont have broadband connections to the net either, I myself have pretty much given up on online play. There is only so long one can put up with 56k/incompetence of our govt.
                                I would like to see some of the Yanks who whine about their Cable/ADSL connection come here and PAY THROUGH THE NOSE for substandard speed and reliability. To make matters worse, phone lines (by and large) are crap in Australia compared to the U.S.
                                These are valid factors/reasons. Hopefully at some point your government officials will realize the tremendous economic benefit of vast penetration of high speed internet access. GL with that.

But here is all I am saying, just imagine if you were on a gaming LAN with 10,000 of your peers EVERY time you turn on your computer. Now compare THAT to single player.

Comment

Working...
                                X