pinged to death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pinged to death

welll... ppl ineed ur help again! could u suggest some measures on reducing ping and increase the framerate to play ut2004 online. i've reduced all the display settings to low 2 get more fps, my connec. is 64Kbps, what else i need 2 do plz.... help!

Re: pinged to death

Need to spell everything correctly, this is a forum, not a chat room...

Give us some system specs, and we can help you more...

Comment

ok

P4 1.8ghz
      256 RAM
      ATi Radeon 8500DV
      Cable Modem Speed:- 64kbps

Comment

A 64kbps connection on a cable modem? Unless that's just your upload speed, that's a major problem. Even if it is, it's not that great. A decent Cable download speed would be in the thousands of kbps and a good upload would be in the hundreds of kbps. If you're confusing kbps (kilobits per second) with KB/S (kilobytes per second), that would make this irrelevant, most likely (though that's still a bad download speed). That speed doesn't quite look like something you'd ever see on Cable, though. Are you postive you actually have cable and not another type of broadband service?

As for your specs, you should be able to handle the game at low setting with 800x600 resolution. Make sure it's playable on single-player, then try multiplayer. Being online will affect performance, but poor online performance is usually networking issues, not hardware too weak to run the game smoothly.

Comment

Originally posted by Amd_Lover2004
          Need to spell everything correctly, this is a forum, not a chat room...
          And you need to get a life, damn spelling nazis. You can understand what he said just fine.

Now for the Lag, your biggest problem is your connection. 64K in any direction just isn't suitable for online play, especially for a FPS.

Don't expect all the fancy graphic bells and whistles with your hardware, but it is good enough.

Comment

Working...
          X