Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

sorry Weta, i had to let the people know.....heres whats up about the new gta:

March 01, 2004 - Ending all the speculation about the next installment of the Grand Theft Auto series, Rockstar Games announced today that Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is indeed coming out. GTA: San Andreas will be an exclusive title for PlayStation 2 and will ship on Tuesday, October 19, 2004 in North America, and Friday, October 22, 2004 in Europe.

In the past few months, the latest Grand Theft Auto continuously has been rumored as Grand Theft Auto: Sin City, Grand Theft Auto 5, and Grand Theft Auto: Anything You Can Think Of. To make things even more confusing, Rockstar Games registered those names for Internet sites in addition to other titles like Grand Theft Auto: Bogota and Grand Theft Auto: Tokyo. Unless these are potential future cities for the franchise, these names were most likely done to create red herrings for the press and fans of the series.

In the original Grand Theft Auto, San Andreas was a city that was based on the likeness of San Francisco. Sections of the city in the game had names that were variations of the names of different Bay Area neighborhoods. With the hilly nature of the city by the bay, gamers might be seeing some more terrain than previous installments.

With more than 11.5 million copies of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and more than 10.5 million copies of Grand Theft Auto 3 sold worldwide, there's a lot of pressure to make the next installment live up to the name. Leslie Benzies, president of developer Rockstar North, acknowledged this by stating, "We are extremely humbled by the success of the Grand Theft Auto series and it has made us push ourselves further than ever to create a title in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas that will hopefully redefine the Grand Theft Auto series and revolutionize open-ended gameplay and video game production values."

"In the past couple of years, we have put an enormous amount of pressure on ourselves to ensure we do everything possible to exceed people's expectations with Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas," stated Sam Houser, president, Rockstar Games. "Even though we still have eight months to go, we are starting to become very proud of what we have achieved and we can't wait to get the game into players' hands."

IGN spoke with Rockstar Games officials, but no more information was revealed. GTA: San Andreas completes Rockstar's exclusivity arrangement with Sony Computer Entertainment, which was modified last year to permit GTA III and GTA Vice City to appear on Xbox last fall. Thus, we suspect GTA: San Andreas might very well appear on Xbox one year after the fall 2004 PS2 release in fall 2005.

Check back later when we'll have more information about GTA: San Andreas

Cpt.Crappy: No problem, but I have posted this press release here already. I also posted a screenshot and some info for this game about six months ago, but I can't find it now.

Comment

*walks away* :lol:

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by gar187er
          wtf? :confused:

Comment

minibubba: He's referring to my link which has stopped working since the forum update, try this one.

Comment

oh... :)
              PS:WATS THE GREEN DOT NEXT TO MY NAME? :?

Comment

sLim ShaDy: It's to show other members that you are online.

Comment

Working...
                X