new wireless intellimouse vs logitech mx700

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new wireless intellimouse vs logitech mx700

Have anyone tested the new microsoft wireless intellimouse explorer,was wondering how it suits fps games.
    Do they still use the same optical sensor and could it beat the logitech mx700?

Pls give an oppinion if you`ve tried the new mouse.

(im talking about the series with tilt wheel and offered in black leather)

just so you know it's not leather... it's pleather.. or vinyl textured like leather. they are all right but I perfered the MX700. It fits my hand better and it <to me> tracks better for games. Don't forget to disable mouse acceleration.... esp if you're gaming in win XP. if it's XP you'll need the reg key. I'll be happy to post it if you want.

Comment

I use the Wireless Intellimouse Explorer, but I'm the opposite to Claybert. I got a MX700 first, and while it was a great mouse, it didn't quite fit the way my hand held the mouse. Aside from the comfort issue, it was a great little thing. I especially liked the rechargable cradle. A big bonus. Since that, I went and got an Intellimouse Explorer Wireless, and it's much better for my hand. Maybe it's because I've been using Explorer mice since they came out. :)

Seriously though, before you get a mouse, go test it out somewhere. I got the Logitech based on other people's opinions, only to find that it wasn't for me.

Comment

imho, there is not such thing as a better mouse, when comparing quality mice. Each person is different, HID components are funny like that. Just try them out and see which one you like better. Personally, I'm a big fan of logitech mice. I started out with a M$ mouse, but once i tried a logitech mouse I never looked back.

Comment

I thought I should go ahead and give this out anyway.

Create a new file mouse_fix.reg copy the text in the code box below. Save it.
          Back up your current mouse settings. Run regedit and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse. right click on the mouse folder and choose to export it. I called mine mouse_norm . Now you can merge your mouse_fix file in the reg by double clicking it or right clicking the file and choseing merge. confirm it twice and Log out. Log in and you'll have no acceleration on your mouse. Frag away and when your done, click your mouse_norm.reg file log out and log back in. Bam, your normal mouse settings are back and active.

I have these files set on my desktop so I can switch. With this method you only have to log out and in of your username on WinXP, no restarts required.

Enjoy and frag away.:thumb:

[code:1:0b1c66dae7]
          Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse]
          "SmoothMouseXCurve"=hex:00,00,00,00, 00,00,00,00,00,a0,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,40,\
          01,00,00,00,00,00,00,80,02,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,05 ,00,00,00,00,00
          "SmoothMouseYCurve"=hex:00,00,00,00, 00,00,00,00,66,a6,02,00,00,00,00,00,cd,4c,\
          05,00,00,00,00,00,a0,99,0a,00,00,00,00,00,38,33,15 ,00,00,00,00,00
          [/code:1:0b1c66dae7]

Comment

the only problem i have ever had with my logitech mx700 is when i decided while i was to see what effect my plasma discharge ball had on it! there were internal sparks, but a simple change of the channel was all that was required. the point of this is that imho, logitech mice are of a very high standard, and i would recommend this mouse to everyone.

Comment

Working...
            X