No announcement yet.

Half-Life 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt they're going to meet the release date, but it sounds good to me...earlier than most games coming out next year as well, so it'll have a good head start.

I wonder if the competition will push their release dates closer because of this?

Comment

Originally posted by SearanoX
      I wonder if the competition will push their release dates closer because of this?
      I doubt it, no one wants to realease something at a time that will give it heavy competition. No one in their right mind will release a game near the date of HL2

Comment

Half-Life 2 SDK near
        Within weeks, we're told

Although the release of Half-Life 2 proper is now unknown, Valve personnel did surface today to confirm that version one of the Software Development Kit will be available within a couple of weeks. Rumour had it that the release of the SDK was on-hold pending legal matters between Valve and physics engine developer Havok, this was denied by Valve press man Doug Lombardi however, who insisted that the legal 'hang-up' was simply a matter of paperwork concerning the distribution of the SDK.

Now if Valve could only see their way clear to releasing the game itself, or at least offer us some clue as to when it will be released, then we might be happier still.

Ferrago

Comment

Ok 2 questions:

1) What is this software dev kit gonna be used for if the game is not even out?? Am I missing something here??

2) For those HL2 game tickets that come with video cards, and it says that it will ship when it is on sale, well are they going to send us the retail version, in the same box and everything, or are we going to get ripped like the Twisted Metal Black deal with the PS2 network adapter, and get like a broken HL2 disc in an aol case sent to us??

Thanks.:cheers:

Comment

1) The SDK is going to be released in "the coming weeks" according to VALVe, but that can mean nearly anything. I'd say a month or two is a realistic estimation.

2) Nope, you get the full-fledged retail version, though if you want the collector's edition (comes with bonuses like a making-of DVD and such), then you'll have to buy it in stores.

Comment

Retail Half Life 2 pirated in Russia
              Retail version translated...

A reader has sent us some photographs of a two-disk Half Life 2 distribution which he says is on the shelves of a Russian trader in Novosibirsk.
              The game has been translated into Russian, and according to our reader, this is a copy taken from Valve's web site and "translated and compiled by the chaps out there".

He says that the game itself is quite playable, although there are some plot inconsistencies in places.

The Inquirer

Comment

Isn't that the leaked version of the game? Apparently there are tons of bugs, and many things were left out, including graphics, weapons, and even some levels.

Still, this isn't really surprising. Last week there were people in some other country (forgot which) who were selling the leaked version as the full game for full price.

I'll be waiting for the final game, though. I'd rather have a complete version than a buggy BETA one. :afro:

Comment

Half Life 2 delayed... AGAIN

Just had an email from Gameplay.com telling me that the release date for Half Life 2 has been changed to Sep 24 2004

Thats 248 days until release!!!

I guess they must be completly re-making that game! Shame nVidia got so upset about their performance, that they forced a re-work of the GFX Engine to make nVidia GPU's perform better.

Warp2Search

Comment

what a shame, let's just hope it's worth it.

But it must be said that I would rather them wait and put out the best possible product than rush it out the door just to meet a deadline.

Comment

• Meh. Could be true, but I doubt that they need quite that much time, and I won't trust anything until VALVe confirms (or denies) it.

Comment

• By the time this game is out DX10 will be here and it won't be that great anymore...

Not really but damn, they put out all this hype and we have nothing yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by [b]Soulburner
                          By the time this game is out DX10 will be here and it won't be that great anymore...
                          Perfect example : Duke Nukem 4 Ever !
                          SPAM Special Ops

Comment

• Man, this really bites, by the time this damn game comes out, Playstation 3 will already be pushing out better graphics, with no hardware problems, and I am going to have completely forgotten where my free HL2 ticket is.....:)

Comment

• CNN Money has spoken to Valve Director of Marketing, Doug Lombardi, who states that Half-Life 2 is now on for a summer release date:

While still shying away from giving a firm date, Doug Lombardi, Valve's director of marketing, told me the company "is currently targeting this summer for the completion of Half-Life 2".

Valve does not plan to reveal any additional information until the time surrounding the E3 trade show, where the game will once again be shown this year. E3 will be held in Los Angeles May 12-14.

Also included in the article is word of Arx Fatalis developer, Arkane Studios, being the latest licensee of the engine for an un-named game.

-VE3D

Comment

• Does anyone know if this will be packaged with ATI cards?

woudl eb nice to kill two bird at once when i am forced to upgrade from my Radeon 64 SDR..... :shrug:

Comment

Working...
                                X