Gateway to start making Gaming PCs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gateway to start making Gaming PCs

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- Jumping into what is fast becoming a hot growth market in the personal computer business, Gateway Inc. Tuesday said it would release a computer designed specifically to play video games.

Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

:rofl: :rofl:
    Its Gateway how the hell are they gonna build a good gaming pc

Comment

Yea, the fact that Gateway is still in business is a testament to how stupid we humans are. People will buy anything. Gateway hasn't been within 20% of Dell prices for almost three years now. And dells are more reliable, have better support, and have better cases.

Comment

Any true gamer will make their own rig, or get someone they know who is knowledgeable to do so.

Most pre-built PCs are absolute nightmares for getting maximum performance, regardless of the brand. They have locked or modified BIOS, usually a mid-range graphics card (or a high range one with a massively inflated pricetag) and not enough cooling for true overclocking potential.
        My Machine

Comment

Originally posted by PersianImmortal
          Any true gamer will make their own rig, or get someone they know who is knowledgeable to do so.

Most pre-built PCs are absolute nightmares for getting maximum performance, regardless of the brand. They have locked or modified BIOS, usually a mid-range graphics card (or a high range one with a massively inflated pricetag) and not enough cooling for true overclocking potential.

Yeah, but there is a reason major pc manufacturers like dell and gateway don't leave the BIOS unlocked and make it hard to overclock.....because they don't want every joe schmo that thinks he knows all about computers trying to overclock his processor and then when he sees smoke comming out the back of his pc to call tech support and ask if somethings wrong! Lets face facts, Gateway, Dells, etc. are all into making computers for the average person who all they want to do is check their email, go online and chat, use office programs and play games,etc. They are NOT systems meant to be "tweaked" with! They are built to STAY AS THEY ARE! (I think of them more as stable PACKARD BELLS with better parts!) I agree with what the others have said, if you want a game pc...build one or get one built for you using an unlocked motherboard and parts! You can overclock it easier and put in new parts provided your motherboard will accept them!
          Here are my specs:
          System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

Comment

:rofl:
            The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Working...
            X