Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF? NFSHP3 will only work in 98 or 95? what about XP?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF? NFSHP3 will only work in 98 or 95? what about XP?!?!

i just bought need for speed hot pursuit 3, but i tried to install it and it said it only works in windows 95 or 98!!!!!! is there any sort of patch that will allow me to use it? i bought the jewl case verson of it for 5 bucks from like gamestop and nowhere on the outside did it say anything about not working in XP.....i'm pissed lol

Am assuming that you are referring to NFS3HP. It works great on my XP system. Has been awhile since I installed it but I don't think that any patches were necessary. Wouldn't hurt to check out EA's website for patches though.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Yes check the EA website, and also note that games will not typically tell you which Operating Systems they don't work with, rather they tell you which ones they will work with. In NFS3's case, I don't think it mentions official support for XP, seeing as it came out before XP, so you need to be careful before buying an old game.
      My Machine

Comment

Try to run it in compability mode for Win95 or 98, it works most of the times.. ;)

Comment

PrairieDawg how did you get nfs3hp to work in xp i tried compatibility mode but it still wouldnt work

Comment

have you tried looking for a patch? I have a FfS: HS and it even predates win2k (I think), but I got it to work with both win2k and winXP with a patch

Comment

i would have checked to see what OS's it works and doesnt work with if i could....but since i got the $4.99 edition which is just a very small game manual with the need for speed 3 hot pursuit thingy on the front, a jewl case with nothing on the back or sides, it could only get to it if i opend it up.......

I've gotten games like Heretic and even old windows 3.1 games to work fine on XP.....dunno why this one should be any different...

Comment

Just realized that NFS3HP was not in fact installed on the hard drive that I'm currently using (is installed on another drive with XP Pro ....... long story).

Anyway ... I was curious so I decided to reinstall it on my current HD. It installed without any problem at all! No patches necessary. Only warning was when I ran the 3D Device setup program for it and forced it to use hardware mode instead of software. The game didn't recognize my GF4 video card which isn't much of a surprise considering the card came out after the game. Not sure why your system is complaining when you try to install .... works good for me.
                Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Working...
                X