• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Synthetic
    and even more pitty on those of us who are using Dial up:eek: :cry: :cry:

What are you whinging about

We're in the same boat, buster! :geek:
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

LOL I don't mind joining a game on a server in Oz.. LOL, no I'm not desperate to play.. not at all :glasses2: :rolleyes:
      Chris "Raven"
      News Crew - TweakTown
      <!--
      <font size=1>
      <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
      - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
      - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
      - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
      </font>
      // -->
      "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

I know what you mean, I had to pretty much quit online games when I moved to a area that never heard of cable or DSL. Though I did give it a few tries and noticed one thing in particular that I didn't like to see. The frag scores directly coresponded to the connection speed of the player in almost every game. So if you have the fastest speed, you win. Some sport huh? I just go on now to sit in the middle of everyone and jump up and down and let them shoot me. That has a noticeable effect in a crazy way, it screwed up the fastest players winning the games. That and finding who is doing the worst (next to me that is) and going up and letting him kill me time after time and making him the winner. It's kind of a reverse game stratagy and it really, really makes the one who is used to constantly winning very mad. I know it sounds kind of sadistic but so is the way these servers are setup to cater to the fastest connected players. It ruins the game for the others who don't stand a chance any other way.

Comment

Yes - I get sick and tired of LPB's on the dialup servers :flames: :mad:
          What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

What is LBS ? Sorry if I sound out of tune but that's just me.
            Oh my god, Intel is best? That could start a flame war.. hehe.. Just kiddin, If I haddn't worked for Intel I might have used their products but after working for them at their Fab4 plant in Hillsboro I just can't support them anymore. It's funny but how they make such good products with the plants run the way they are it's almost uncanny to say the least. When I worked their they took the worst tech's and made supervisers out of them. We thought that was their way of making sure they couldn't screw up things any worse if they worked on the equipment. I can still remember when a Laser Scribe was down and it needed a vacume sensor to fix it. Pretty simple but we didn't have one so he kept telling us to use a pressure sensor instead and yelled and screamed at us to get it working. The part was not going to work with the Scribes software or even fit for that matter. I have so many examples of this kind of junk that went on down there it was a joke. And when I took that job I thought I was going to be working on the leading edge or technology. Most of the equipment at that time was very old. They even had what they thought was a great difusion(sorry about any spelling errors, got a bit brain dead from a motorcycle accident so I can't spell that good anymore ) furnace setup with computer control. The computer was so old it had discrete components making up the computer. A memory board was all logic gates, I think it was around 4K of memory on a 12"x12" PCB.
            I'm sure they have much better equipment now but still working there was so deeply political based with massive backstabbing going every which way I was very happy to leave. I didn't want to work on the equipment that made the darn chips anyway, I wanted to get into the calabration lab or into their computer division but got into what I deemed a glorified Maytag Repairman job that I didn't go to school all them years to forget it working on vacume pumps and Acid ecthing equipment and difusion furnices. They did start to put in some robotics but I had enough by then. That was back in 1984 so it was quite a while ago but they are a crazy bunch. I did have a lot of respect for the engineer's though. They did have some smart people in that reguard. But I won't buy any of their products good or bad.

Comment

See how bad I am, I ment to ask what is LPB's? It's a drag to not have any memory, have to write everything down now. Oh well, no one said life was easy...

Comment

LPB - Low Ping *******.. one of those guys with a fantastic connection that just kicks the hell out of anyone else..

Comment

LOL I guess I'd do nothing but piss you guys off then.. That's OK, It's a cold day in hell when I do REALLY good.

One of my friends has a 300 ping and still whoops me pretty well sometimes. All you have to do really is learn how to lead the target related to the lag, and BLAM.. headshot.
                  Chris "Raven"
                  News Crew - TweakTown
                  <!--
                  <font size=1>
                  <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
                  - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
                  - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
                  - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
                  </font>
                  // -->
                  "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

Working...
                  X