Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cs high pinging.... need help

Hey

Basically my ping sucks......... its about 400-500 all the time and when i get in a shoot out my choke sky rockets and my FPS drops to about 15.

I use an Internal modem that i got with my Tiny PC.

My isp is aol.

My rate is currently 4000

cl_cmdrate is 15

cl_updaterate is 20

PC is a P3 550 with 128Mb

Any help would be great. cheers ZERO-G

well, ur problem lies in the fact that you have 56k with aol as your isp :thumbs do Basically there is no real way to improve ur pings without upgrading to broadband :( On the bright side when I had dial up w/ aol pings of 750-800 were fairly normal for me :o

Comment

I would be happy if i could be my ping below 200.

Forgot to add that in.

Also i live in scotland and i was wondering which ISP would work best.

Comment

Any ISP that offers high-speed internet. Most likely you will be extremely happy with an ISP that offers cable/DSL access. AOL is by far the worst ISP EVER! It comes to no suprise to me that your pings are that high. Personally I don't see the point of a computer without internet, besides M$ office stuff... good luck on your search!

Comment

A long long time ago in a galaxy far away I also had the same problem with counter-strike, this was when it was like beta 7.1. I had to up grade my system to a Duron 800mhz w/ a substancial video card at the time, a radeon 32mb DDR. With aol i could get my ping down to 200-300's, thats about the best i could get, since then my computer has been upgraded and ive moved on to q3 arena and broadband internet. the only advice i can give u i guess would be to upgrade ur computer and/or tweak your internet connection, although i had limited success w/ that. Basically your ping wont go under 200 no matter how great ur connection.

Comment

yeah i agree.

you just have to make do with what you have at the moment.

broadband isnt that expensive these days, you can pick up a 512/128 connection with around 8gb dl/month for around $80...give or take abit.

just dont let your parents get one ISP on the brain and consider no other alternatives...

thats how i came about to be stuck with telstra :(
            but hey its better than 56k for sure :p

Comment

I have just moved over to Adsl myself and know how it feels when your pings are high, But when i was on 56k i was with Freeserve and my pings would start at about 180 on a 5 v 5 server and depending on what map. But now on BB im getting about 25 50ish pings which I can live with. Go BB feel the speed.

Comment

Working...
              X