Twinkling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twinkling

I have been posting around trying to get an answer for this question. In all my games, old or new, I get twinkling between the seems of my textures. I once fixed it in the game Mafia, doing a lot of tweaking and turning on antialiasing, but am since able to fix it again. In old games like Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear I get the twinkling and in new games like Soldier of Fortune II Double Helix I get it between the seems. I can't seem to get it, is there a setting somewhere? The tweaker I am using is Rivatuner. Here are my specs:
    Windows ME
    ~800mhz
    512mb RAM
    Geforce 2 MX 400 64mb

I also have everything turned off in the ctrl+alt+del menu except Explorer and Systray, and am running at 94% free resources. I can't seem to get it, please help if you can. Thank you.

kershaw72787

I would suggest just not worring about it and upgrading that GFX Card (I know I know take my own advice). But if your in the same situation as I am and dont have the money, hmm...make sure you have all the updated drivers, and if so try re-installing them.

Another thing that could do it is OCing it too much. Drop down the OC a bit (assuming you have OCed it) and try that.

Comment

Yea, he's right! That card is an absolute POS.

Comment

Hey, don't knock the GF2MX... I used one of them for a long time.

One thing to try would be to tone down your overclocking a bit. When some GF cards get OC'ed too much, they will still work, but there will be 'artifacts' and strange things on screen.

Comment

Agreed... even on the newer cards when I overclock the board too much I start seeing the white specks in some of the graphics. This will be from the core being set a bit too aggressively.
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

um...yeah,
            I know the card is crap, but for starters as mentioned I don't have the money to buy a better and also I knew nothing about computers when I bought this one, which is almost two years old, and it is a PCI, not AGP. So I really can't get much better on the quality. Also, I am planning on saving up for a new AMD Athlon coputer and installing an ATI Raedeon or Geforce Ti card, something good. But that will take a while to save up for, they are about five hundred dollars and the card is about $100-150, plus I would also like to get a soundblaster card. Quiet, I can dream can't I? Thanks for the help. I haven't messed with my clock speeds, but the performance of my card was set to aggresive. I turned the performance to adhere to all application commands. Should I leave it on that or set it to a balanced performance? Thank you for the help, I hope this fixes the problem. About using the updated drivers. As I mentioned I had it perfect then DX 9 came out and so did the 43.35 drivers and I got them right away, big mistake. They didn't work too well. Since then I had to do a factory restore, and of course after I did the restore I found the fix for the problem. So my direct x is thankfully back to 8.1 and I set my drivers back to 41.09, which work good with m computer. Thanks, keep posting on anything else.

kershaw72787

Comment

Working...
            X