X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I.S.O Files (copying etc)

Need Help !
    Can someone give me info about I.S.O files ?
    I've downloaded several games from the net and they are I.S.O files,,,I do understand that an iso file is generally one that you would copy to cd and run the game from cd, I even have the program "ISO BUSTER" to do just that.....But....I'am led to believe that by using the buster program i can actually run the program from my desktop rather than cd, is this correct and how do i do it ??? I havent had much luck so far with it, I've done the extracting and run things and various other combinations but I get nowhere.
    I have noticed that a couple of things usually happen when i try to install an extracted game, one being error - misssing dll file (autorungui.dll) and the second being - please insert correct game cd or cd 1 - I.E - its asking for the original game cd to install...I've tried the no cd cracks for the games but they dont appear to do anything let alone install, I've also got the missing dll file from the net and added it to the game files but the games still wont load up although the error "missing dll" stops appearing.
    If I need to put the files onto cd, how would I do this correctly ? I've tried to extract the files to cd but with no luck !
    Please advise ???????

An .iso file is an IMAGE of the CD. That means when you burn this image the CD will be created. The .iso tells the CD how to be burnt. In order to burn an .iso file you need a program like Nero, or EZ CD creator. I believe WinISO will also do it, and perhaps Fireburner.

[Admin Edit: No warez advice please]

Comment

so if iam burning the file to disk, will nero or whatever program i use auto detect the correct copy format etc ???

Comment

as i said, i've got a program called isobuster that can deal with extracting iso files etc,,,,what should i do, do i extract the iso file straight onto cd or to a new folder first then cd ?????
        and i have nero too.
        please advise.

Comment

can someone give me a direct link to daemon tools the program that xboy described above,bear in mind i have windows xp, iam having a problem getting a site that actually works and allows download.
          :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Comment

When burning an ISO, you want to choose Other CD Formats in the nero wizard, then image. You will need to browse to the ISO which you created from your legal CD for backup purposes only . Nero will do the rest for you.

[Admin Edit: Once again, this utility is a known piracy tool. No advice on it here please]

Comment

so,,,,I would need the original legal game cd stored for backup if i wanted to copy and run the game from cd, the downloaded version I mean.
              please advise.

Comment

My advice is to READ THE FORUM RULES.

Thread closed and pirating advice edited out.
                My Machine

Comment

Working...
                X