Gaming section in TweakTown?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaming section in TweakTown?

Let me start of by saying, I love TweakTown; I get all my entertainment infomation from TT. But have you guys thought of something like gaming.tweaktown.com devoted COMPLETLY to gaming. I do not know about your following (how many hits a day...) but I think a section just devoted to gaming can help. What most people do on a computer is game, yes some people use mp3 editing, video editing, TV capture, just internet funcions, school reports, and other misc functions but a lot of people use computers to game. So why not add a section to TT just for gaming to increase numbers and inform the public? There shouldn't be any hardware reviews (that can be just for TT) but software reviews/game reviews, tweaks, tips and cheats (not hacks cheats...there is a difference.) What do you think???

Comment

Uh I mean a real section as in on the webpage, I bet you 1 outta every 20 users actuallys goes in the forums here...and thats not devoted to games because, truthfully...I dont see too much for what I am expecting

Comment

Maybe its just me, but the game section would cover only few games, and it would have to be updated a lot!
        That would take away from everything else that TT is doing.
        Maybe unless you're willing to do it all for free?

Comment

Who wouldn't volunteer, I mean just the basic, game updates (patches demos etc) tips and tricks guides on how to tweak the game (for better performance) and review of games, maybe review of keyboards and mice and crap like that [not really important] just an idea...any other "problems" you find with this?

Comment

Actually we have almost gone ahead with TT Gamer a couple times but for several reasons it didn't.

We are still working on it but would rather wait and do it properly than make some type of rush job.
            Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
            Managing Director
            Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by t00lb0x
              Who wouldn't volunteer, I mean just the basic, game updates (patches demos etc) tips and tricks guides on how to tweak the game (for better performance) and review of games, maybe review of keyboards and mice and crap like that [not really important] just an idea...any other "problems" you find with this?
              I thought I saw couple reviews of mouse pads and such.

I am all for the game section, although I really dont play them much.

Comment

If you want to download demos and stuff, there already is a quite of few gaming sites in the net... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:cheers: :cheers:

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak
                  Actually we have almost gone ahead with TT Gamer a couple times but for several reasons it didn't.

We are still working on it but would rather wait and do it properly than make some type of rush job.
                  Yeah because its a good idea :D BUt what were some reasons why you didn't do it?
                  Would
                  time
                  staff
                  money
                  have something to do with it?

Comment

All of the above.
                    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
                    Managing Director
                    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

What if people volunteered (takes care of time, money, staff)?

Comment

Hmmmm no one wants a gaming section...

Comment

What if people volunteered (takes care of time, money, staff)?

If you want a professional quality site you need professionals. That means volunteers may not work out.

For example, there are a lot of people with a lot of enthusiasm for reviewing games, but few can do an impartial, accurate and comprehensive review. Even fewer can string together 10 words without grammatical or spelling errors.

Everyone wants a gaming site like TTGamer, but it will only work if it's as good if not better than what's already out there. I believe that's what Cameron means.
                          My Machine

Comment

Whatever...lets go commando!

Comment

Whatever...lets go commando!
                              wtf?

Well said PI.

Comment

Working...
                              X