No announcement yet.

New Doom III Screenshots and MS XBox Trailer from E3 (Large

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's true too, which could also be why UT2004 is on it's way.. :)

Comment

****. the reason i bot the 9700 pro was to play doom 3. on an outside map on unreal 2 i get like 20fps, 10 when in combat. is doom gonna be worse than this? god dammit.
      Also, what gives with unreal. whn i got it the kid at the store said that it was the worst game ever. thats exactly what i want to hear when i shell out 50 bucks...*******... anyway all the magazines said the story was bad, and the graphics werent that good blah blah blah. well wtf was the story in the 1st game?? you escape from prison. is there more than that? the only dissapointment i had with the game is the lack of cave levels. im not into these science labs leave that to doom. and what about half life 2? and all the mods? i pity people who limit themselves to consoles. am i rambling?

Comment

There is a new Doom III video at the following address which goes for almost 3 minutes:

Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
        Managing Director
        Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Holy **** that's a good one!

I wonder how many fps I can get running it on my banshee.. lol

:cheers:

Comment

Originally posted by MFaction
            ****. the reason i bot the 9700 pro was to play doom 3. on an outside map on unreal 2 i get like 20fps, 10 when in combat. is doom gonna be worse than this? god dammit.
            Also, what gives with unreal. whn i got it the kid at the store said that it was the worst game ever. thats exactly what i want to hear when i shell out 50 bucks...*******... anyway all the magazines said the story was bad, and the graphics werent that good blah blah blah. well wtf was the story in the 1st game?? you escape from prison. is there more than that? the only dissapointment i had with the game is the lack of cave levels. im not into these science labs leave that to doom. and what about half life 2? and all the mods? i pity people who limit themselves to consoles. am i rambling?
            I shelled out 30 bucks for it, I'm pissed. Let me put it this way it SUCKS. Everything that was hyped up (ragdoll effects and more) weren't that great. But the graphics are amazing and the first one is considered on of the top FPS ever because it was revoulionary. Im really looking foward to planetside (5000 people allowed in one server :D)
            That would be uber 1337
            --also about UT2k4--
            It will be backword compatable with 2003 (more of an addon) no new weapons [so far i know] and some new models but the gameplay would be faster, harder, more gfx intense talk about :wow:
            and i thought Doom]|[ wouldn't work on xbox because xbox couldn't handle its 1337 graphics...

Comment

Thats why it is more likely to come out for the x-box 2 in late 2004:thumb: Maybe a launch title:D

Comment

Originally posted by MFaction
                MFaction, Actually your problem stand in your CPU, 1600+ is just too low for your new vid. Even with the last 3000+ and P4 3000ghz the Radeon 9700pro can give you more. So in your situation you'll just need to updrade your CPU for a 2.5ghz or more to get a good result in such games. I run Unreal Tournement 2k3 on my P4 2.4 GHZ with my old 8500 flawlessly. I hope it will help you. BTW the CPU near the 2.4, 2.5 models are selling at very low price by now, you should take a look at your local reseller you will find a 2600+ for almost nothing and you'll find your computer a WAY!! much faster!

Comment

what the hell is unreal warfare then? the ragdoll physics in 2k3 are cool. In postal 2 they are more hilarious than cool. people die in wierd ass ways, but its funny because you can piss on them. AND WHAT ABOUT DUKE NUKEM FOREEVER HAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAAHAHAHAhAhAhahAh.

Comment

Originally posted by t00lb0x
                    --also about UT2k4--
                    It will be backword compatable with 2003 (more of an addon) no new weapons [so far i know] and some new models but the gameplay would be faster, harder, more gfx intense talk about :wow:
                    From the GameSpy folks:
                    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                    My Toys

Comment

Comment

UT2k4 looks good, if they add vehiciles it might outsnuff BF42 for revolutionary gameplay...but still its gonna be backwards compatable...

Comment

Multiplayer is almost a standard in games now
                          HAHAHA!!!

Wow, I guess this is the result of a generation of newbs knowing nothing about free privately released mods. (Or maybe just lack of decent internet speaking)

----------

The vote is in, and the multiplayer is king.
                          NOTHING compares to Human vs Human competition. AI (Artificial Intelligence) is absolute **** in comparison. Story lines are ok, but they are always the same.

Multiplayer is ALWAYS different. However, if you have not played a FREE-to-anyone online mod release, please refrain from comment, as you have no clue.

Comment

sorry

Comment

I have to apologize, I read your earlier comment as "people got board b/c/ of multiplayer", and it actually says "people got bored b/c of no multiplayer"

My bad.

Online multiplayer is the Only thing I buy games for. After years of single player, it becomes apparent that its all just jumping through specially made hoops that haven't accomodated you nor will change with What you do, and it bores me quickly.

With id being the king of easy modification, quake and doom mods continue to be the hideout of the players seeking the highest level of 'competition'. User made mods are made by, hosted by, and maintained by volunteers, which make the whole experience completely different that anything you're used it, if you've never tried it.

I'll play the D3 single player once. I'll play D3 online multiplayer mods continually until the next id game is released.

====

There have been system requirements minimums announced. GF3 Ti200 is the weakest card that WILL run D3. And AS WITH ALL id releases, the BEST HARDWARE availiable at the time of the release will run D3 "fairly well to good" which means roughly 40-80 FPS.

People will ***** and moan, and then realize how brilliant it was, when D3 is still the BENCHMARK standard in 2006 (like Q3 continues to be now- a Nov 1999 game)

Comment

Working...
                              X