Problem w/ UT2003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem w/ UT2003

.Ok, I just got my comp upgraded, check my siggy for the specs. When I play single player matches w/ bots, I'll be getting 40-50fps w/ about 10 bots, then the frame wil just freeze for about 4 sec, and then the game will continue as normal. REALLY ANNOYING! :shoot2: . I havent tried it online yet, so I dunno its there. THe game is on my maxtor drive, so that drive should be fast enough. The only thing I can think of is that I also have a page file on my C drive, and the comp already created an extra UT2003 on the C, maybe its using the old drive for paging even tho I have it on the new maxtor. Am I right or way off? I just wanna fix it so I can get back to kicking ass :D . Thx for any help in advance, : peace2: , Mista K6

Wow, I cant believe I didnt figure this out sooner: it was my graphics card over heating. Being overclocked alot, it was fine during the winter; I guess the temp change in the summer was enough to push it over. I took down the memory and core clock down one step each (the o/c program MSI provided gives designated "safe" increments for the memory and the core). SO it went from 581/284 to 567/279. A little notch down in performance, but its still a lot better than stock :thumb: .

Comment

Working...
    X