No announcement yet.

Getting a new Car!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, problem #1 is becoming a better driver. You need to be able to control the car. If you just have speed you will become an experiment in newtonian phiscis. Has happened to me and to others I know.

Pick up books about driving by pro driver and pro driver teachers and they will all say the same thing. Start slow and slowly add speed.

I still have flashbacks. Even a "small" ding is expensive and hard to get over.

One time lost traction due to a patch of dirt. Had just enough control to manage to slide between trees rather than into them. Still almost totaled my car and I still think the guys might have cut some corners.

It still hurts.

Comment

I'm only going to say this once and no correspondance is going to be entered into.

Cop cars.

Unmodified commodores and falcons. (And before you all start your bull****, i DO KNOW that cop cars are unmodified)

Isn't it strange that these cars seem to be able to end most chases very swiftly and cleanly?

I don't see any camry cop cars, I must be blind because I'm sure that if they are such high performance vehicles they must be out there somewhere. Oh well, silly me, I better start looking harder then :wow:

Comment

Sorry ta counter ya Slamo, but cop cars definitely modified. They have supper huge radiators. They end most chases by simply keeping up with the car until the untrained, and often f*ed up, driver makes a mistake or his engine over-heats.

It really comes down to a few facts that make cops so effective.

There are often many of them working together against one driver who is usually bugged out.

They actually have some training in driving their cars, while most people will just be flooring either the gas or the breaks.

A cop car can go at high RPM's all day and still be ready to do more, unlike most cars.

If there is a cop farther up the road infront of 'em the guy can just lay down a spike strip.

Finally depending on the road you will usually hit the max road/corner speed before you're engine limited. So a bigger/better engine really only gives you the advantage of getting to that speed faster which will give you a couple of hundred feet of a head start at best.

:2cents:

Comment

Tweak and I saw a Monaro cop car the other day.

Looked awsome : peace2: : peace2: : peace2:

Comment

Originally posted by TOXIC
            Tweak and I saw a Monaro cop car the other day.

Looked awsome : peace2: : peace2: : peace2:
            Monaro GTO

Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
            Managing Director
            Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak
              Monaro GTO

Sorry my bad :)

Comment

Well, on the North American Continent All auto's used by
                Police departments Local/State/Federal are in fact modified
                production line vehicles.........including Motorcycles.
                Most feds use Fords...Staters Chrysler/Doge/Plymouth.....
                Local and Countys tend to use whatever make they can
                get the best fleet deal on a near local basis.......lately that
                translates to GM products and mostly Chevy's
                These cars all roll off the assembly lines with High Per-
                formance pakages which include upper/lower control arm
                suspension:fornt and rear, limited slip differential/positraction rear ends geared for higher torque,Heavy duty shocks/springs,
                High heat front/rear Disc brakes,Larger capacity Radiators and
                Oil pans,high output fuel/oil pumps,Bullet Proof automatic tansmissions,Lowered susspension/wider track,and of course
                the ever popular Police Interceptor engine package which although differs from one company to the next, they all pretty
                much include higher lift and duration Cams,shot peened Stainless steel Crankshafts/PistonRods, Titanium Wrist Pins and Valves intake/exhaust,Ported /relieved and Polshed Cylinder Heads,
                High Domed/High compression Pistons & rings,Electronic Fuel Injection with some type of Ram Air Induction......usualy forced
                air through a Turbocharger/Blower system............at which point
                they are delivered by Railcar to Dealerships/After Market Custom
                shops for standardized police interior/exterior ad-ons that
                make them what we refer to as Cop cars......aren't there any
                other certified auto/motorcycle mechanics here at TT :?: :wave: :2cents:
                ANd as a Confirmed GTO Freak i'm still waiting for track results
                on the 2003 goat
                Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

Originally posted by dryadsoul
                  These cars all roll off the assembly lines with High Per-
                  formance pakages which include Bullet Proof
                  LOL Only in america :spam:

Comment

Originally posted by Slamo

I don't see any camry cop cars, I must be blind because I'm sure that if they are such high performance vehicles they must be out there somewhere. Oh well, silly me, I better start looking harder then :wow:

wtf?

Who said anything about Camrys being high performance?

They are one the most reliable car on the roads today.

An econo car, not a frigging powerhouse :rolleyes:

And actually some countries do use the V6 variants as highway patrol cars.

Jesus, if you are going to compare the GTO to Toyotas at least compare it to a Supra.

Seriously, you are comparing a GTO to a Camry?.......:confused:

Comment

• Originally posted by Moose
                      And actually some countries do use the V6 variants as highway patrol cars.
                      Probably in countries where they still use horse and cart, like New Zealand... err afganistan.

:yuc:
                      Managing Director
                      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

• No, but, in either Tennesee or North Carolina they still
                        use Honda civics.......another state.......not sure which...
                        Uses Hyundais.......boy what a joke:eek:
                        Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

• Originally posted by dryadsoul
                          No, but, in either Tennesee or North Carolina they still
                          use Honda civics.......another state.......not sure which...
                          Uses Hyundais.......boy what a joke:eek:
                          ROFLMAO

I could out run them in my nikes :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Tweak
                            Probably in countries where they still use horse and cart, like New Zealand... err afganistan.

:yuc:

Comment

• Originally posted by Moose
                              New Zealand use Commodores :laugh: horse and cart technology alright.

Which in fact Commodores do use low tech engines.
                              Christ man you really don't know when to stop do you...
                              Managing Director
                              Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Tweak
                                Christ man you really don't know when to stop do you...
                                I was simply responding to your message. :blah:

Comment

Working...
                                X