Australian Police Highway Patrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JediAgent
    Cop cars everywhere are modded. And in stuttgart they have Highway Patrol 540i's modded with 330Hp, and even thou that sounds less than the Monaro(GTO), think "handling" and "highspeed pursuit".... and i guess thats just another way BMW tries to get in good with the government...
    Germany use a lot of BMWs and they are totaly crazy.

Remind me never to speed in germany :p

Comment

That a moddified 3-Series, bu yeah...
      Not gonna get in trouble there.

Comment

Originally posted by JediAgent
        That a moddified 3-Series, bu yeah...
        Not gonna get in trouble there.
        That be an M3 E36.

Pitty we don't have them here as cop cars :)

And the Holden Monaro is a cheap "sports" car, a Bogan mobil in my opinion :p

Comment

You are right... Took me a minute to realize that that front end WAS an M front clip. Kinda threw me with the front end height being so high. I knew the clear lights, wheels, and side skirts were M3 material. But nice all around for a cop car.

Also, remember over there they have euro spec M3 motors pushing 263hp rather than our 240hp motors. But id still take an E30 M3 over an E36. More flashy, better handling, more power to weight, and now almost worth more... 240hp in the weight of an E36 over 228Hp in the weight of an E30, and the E30 now sells rather consistantly (if you can find them) for 15,000$US, which is about 75-85% the price of most E36 M3's, and the E30's only go up while the E36's only go down...

... i'd be a real plus if that cop car said "Dinan" on it reflecting a change in Natural Aspiration, maybe not so natural anymore, maybe a change to Forced Air Induction, maybe say a 9psi change...

Comment

The Holden Monaro is due to go on sale in the US badged as the Pontiac GTO (albeit with cosmetic changes) next year. They also sell other holden models of the same base (mainly Statesman/Caprice) to the middle east. As all Commodores are rear wheel drive, I reckon they'd kick ass in the US.

I myself like the new AV Falcon. It is way better than the old one. 182kw out of the normal 6, 240kw out of the turbo six (thats about 320 hp). It also has a tiptronic auto, and drives really well. I reckon this would kick ass in the US as well (certainly as a replacement for the dodgy Taurus that failed miserably here)

Comment

Well it looks as though Australia have some new police cars on trial.

1. HSV GTO Coupe *shudder*

2. Saab 9-5 Aero:

imo the Saab makes a nice neat looking police car :cool:

Comment

heres our fine police force at work finding crooks in a bakery

maybe they should check the car park eh

Comment

The Holden and the HSV GTO Coupe look like GT cars, not police cars!

Comment

They'll use anythin' here to catch us, well they'll try anyway. :D

Comment

A few police cars from the USA.
                      <!-- Begin Code Amber Ticker code. -->
                      <P ALIGN=CENTER>
                      <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2" src="http://www.codeamber.org/js/codea.js">
                      </script>
                      </P>
                      <!-- end of Code Amber Ticker code (c)Copyright codeamber.org 2002, 2003-->

Comment

<P ALIGN=CENTER>
                        </script>
                        </P>

Comment

<P ALIGN=CENTER>
                          </script>
                          </P>

Comment

<P ALIGN=CENTER>
                            </script>
                            </P>

Comment

<P ALIGN=CENTER>
                              </script>
                              </P>

Comment

<P ALIGN=CENTER>
                                </script>
                                </P>

Comment

Working...
                                X