No announcement yet.

The World's Paradox (Role-Play)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mehigan chuckled when the young girl fell forwards onto his chest, her eye's closing once again, falling back into sleep once more. His chuckle was cut short as he had reached up to run a hand through her smooth hair when he noticed the color of it....blue? That definetly wasn't a 'popular' color for hair was it? Wait....blue....that rings a bell....Mehigan leaned backwards and looked at the girls face, ahhhh! Ms. O'Darian, i knew that your face was familar.....that could have been the reason for Ogiratem's anger....oh well...he deserves a bit of a boot-strap occasionaly anyway.

"Excuse me sir, but we are in a bit of trouble. My friends here have been injured by your 'associate' over there and need the skills of a healer. Can you help us?"

The mage leapt as a heavy finger tapped him on the shoulder and he turned with a shocked expression on his face, his staff lashing out....the sudden movement had awoken the girl again, and she tossed her head with a grunt.......Mehigan's staff stopped mere milli-metres from the forehead of a quite tall warrior, decked in shining black armour. Mehigan watched with interest as the man put an un-conscious girl on the ground at his feet. "What prey tell inspires you to think that i am the local chemist, dear man? Leaping at any fallen fool along the way you asssume? But what DOES strike my attention was that you seem to have come into contact with my associate as well...." Mehigans hand absently waved to the side and beckoned to the body of the half-orc, buried in the rubble to his side.....rubble exploded in all directions, a rather large chunk flying directly at the calm figure of Mehigan, the speeding rock flew at mehigans head, but when it had reached around 10 centi-metres to striking him, it came to a complete stop in mid air, and seemed to 'slide' slowly to the ground.....Mehigan had never flinched or even taken his eyes of the Orc once.

A moment later, the groaning gargantuan orc was floating in the air beside the stable, statue of Mehigan, "You say he hurt THIS one as well? Tisk tisk tisk, you surely have been a stupid one today haven't you?" Ogiratem growled, his top lip curling up, showing his filed off tusk's, his eyes showing through his shattered glasses, showed a look of pure hatred to the mocking mage, Mehigan let out a quite laugh and tilted his head to one side, "That wouldn't be a bit of 'singular' thinking your showing there would it Ogiratem?" Mehigan took a step towards the floating Orc, beckoning his hand downwards as the Orc's face was equal to the wizard's face, his hand came up and gripped him by the side of the jaw, forcing the orcs mouth fully open, with a throw of his hand, the orc floated back up to his previous height.

"Haven't i told you before Ogiratem that filing those tusks off looked absolutely stupid? And here i come to supervise some of your work, and i see you acting like nothing more then a cheap bully.....and a cheap bully to female's which is even worse! Now i regret having to do this, you are one of my best employee's, but as a wise man once said, 'Even the best require retrebution...', just think of it this way Ogiratem....I am doing you a favor...." Mehigan held out two finger's toward Ogiratem's mouth, and then a crooked grin covered his face, showing strangely pointed teeth through his gapped lip's, he clenched his fist and pulled his arm into his side.

He turned his back as a screaming form of Ogiratem fell to the ground holding his mouth as two stumps of teeth fell to the ground, blood gushing like a water-fall from his mouth. Again Mehigan took his staff by the end and placed it on the forehead of the still elf on the ground, even before the glowing lights had died down on the girls body he had turned with a comical look on his face, an expression that was strange for one that had just performed such a 'malicous' act of violence.

As he opened his mouth to talk to the tall warrior as the screams of Ogiratem sung out behind him, his eyes graviatated downwards to around waist height of the warrior, there peeked a young man with a nervous smile plastered on his face, but as Mehigan prepared to say something, the boy stepped out and Mehigan's eyes instantly struck down and stuck to the book that the boy held under his arm, the comic smile that Mehigan showed instantly widened, and he took a step forward..."Young man, would you mind coming here....i must have a talk to you...."

:smokin:

Comment

• Adele was rudely awakened, by screams and cursory calls of obscenity ringing through the small area, resounding off the walls. She stared up into the elfin looks of her saviour, but was ultimately digusted at the way he forced himself into position.

"I don't appreciate what you're doing. I am grateful, yes, but you needn't push your way to get to the top. Mr. Turos simply followed orders, you...accuse him of being disruptive and cruel, yet you are no better! You are only here in spite of me, you will get nothing from me!" She shouted defiantly staring harshly into his cool grey eyes. The woman quickly glanced away at her attempt to force him into guilt.

Exhausted as she was, she was in no position to be there. Getting up uneasily up on to her feet, her legs wavered under the weight and she fell again. Adele grunted heavily under her breath and forced herself up again. Staggering with her body out of synchrony to the rest she gruffly pushed her way past Mehigan and spoke to Bhren directly.

"Bhren...darling, help me. I should speak to you about the book."

Comment

• Zanath stared at Araduun. Araduun stared back. This tableu stood stock still for a few minutes, then a few minutes more. finally Zanath leaned forward and waved his hand in front of Araduuns visor, there was no response.
        Zanath leaned back to ponder this development but finding that he couldint think of an appropriate response, did what he always did when he was stumped. He reached into his pouch and fished around.
        After a minute of searching he pulled his hand out and triumphantly brandished a folded piece of paper. Seeing no one around him was impressed by this fact Zanath decided to investigated his find.
        He opened up the paper and lo and behold, it was covered in writing. the top of the page bore the legend Nahls reckless dweomer! Still ignoring the silent Araduun Zanath set about reading the writing, after a while his head snaped back up with a very evil grin.
        Zanath stood back and began waving his hands wildly and speaking in a strange tounge "....Actoriol nerfry bankazana.... " suddenly with a flash of purple sparks the spell was completed. and all was still. Then suddenly there was a chittering sound from amoung the corpses.
        A great horde of rabid squirrels suddenly appeared out of nowhere and jumped onto Araduun knawing and biting at the joints of his armour. Araduun did react to this and proceeded to angryly brush the squirrels off, but to no avail, they nimbily dodged his attampts and went on knawing.
        Zanath turned away almost choking with laughter. And grinned down at the peice of paper, this was going to come in useful, very useful.

OOC: you didint reply for quite a while sean so i got a bit bored waiting for you :)

Comment

• "Young man, would you mind coming here....i must have a talk to you...."

Bhren looked at him with a raised eyebrow, then lowered it to a squinting stare. He was about to reply before Adele pushed by Mehigan,"Bhren...darling, help me. I should speak to you about the book."

Bhren stepped in to give Adele a shoulder for support. "YOU can speak to me about the book but i think we should do it in private." Turning to Vector, "Vector, its obvious we're not getting help from this guy, I'll take you to the doctor... I think we all need a little medical attention."

Nearing the end of the alley, Adele looked at the boy under her armpit "Thanks for the help, Bhren, say you never did tell me how you got stuck with the book." With a slight welling of tears in his eyes, Bhren went on to tell Adele the story of his uncle and the imp and the explosion. Next thing, he woke up, book on his chest... inn exploded etc etc. "About the Inn Adele... I'm real sorry, I mean... it wasn't my faul... i didn't mean to... i'm sorry"

Sniffling a little, Bhren continued "Anyway, the book, its empty... i don't understand. It's strange, I just know if it leaves my presence, big and bad things happen. I sort of take a back seat to my own body and wammo, things... compress?!? Best explaination I can give it. Adele, you seem to be in the middle, somehow, you tell me..."

Comment

• Araduun finally snapped out of his trance as squirrels blossomed in front of him and began tearing at the edges of his armour. Frantically he tried to brush them away, but he could not shake them loose until finally they fell to the ground with chipped and broken teeth, unable to dent the mystical carapace. Looking up he noted an odd young man standing before him, grinning manically and clutching a piece of paper. With a start Araduun recognised him and, seeing one of his OWN over-sized bracers hanging ludicrously from the fool's arm, stepped forward angrily. The object of his anger was so absorbed in his piece of crumpled paper that he almost failed to dodge the almighty swing of Araduun's fist. Unfortunately for him, he completely failed to notice the armless LEFT fist arcing through the air as he dodged......

Four inky black knuckles struck home like a sledgehammer, a resounding crack echoing out as his jaw split in two. The pitiable young man rode through the air on the immense strength of the giant, plummeting through the wall of a nearby building. His assailant strode forward and, gripping him by the collar, prepared a fatal blow with his glistening gauntlet. However, the semi-concious creature chose that moment to reach into a pouch and pull out a pink hankerchief, attached to another bright piece of cloth, and another........he frantically kept pulling as more and more hankerchiefs were released from the pouch into his hand, only to reveal yet more. Araduun burst out laughing as his poor victim tangled himself up entirely in brightly coloured hankerchiefs, the end of which was still no where in sight. The bodiless suit of armour placed him back on the ground, still shaking with laughter, and returned his bracer back to its proper location as the squirrels pounced again, this time on the ball of human and hankerchief rolling on the ground.
            Araduun merely walked off towards a nearby looming tower, saying "come on, it looks like there's a good battle about to start..."
            As he went, he scooped from the ground his helmet, which had somehow found its way back to him, and replaced it above his shoulders. He would have been grinning, if that was possible. It was time to have some fun....

ooc: can we pleas go kill stuff now? : peace:

Comment

• Zanath was all twisted up tring to klick his jaw back into place at the same time as pulling on the chain of hankercheifs and shooing off the squirrels. Luckily his jaw clicked back with only a small amount of pain and a large majikal band aid that he found in his other pocket. And the squirrels started to disapear in poofs of smoke as the spell wore off. He then swore at Araduun as he walked off and got back to dealing with the rather interesting peices of cloth.
              Suddenly he noticed a change in the colour of the hankercheifs coming out of his pouch .... wait a minute he thought wasint this chain looking a little familiar. He seemed to remember something about a demon attached to it, Zanath kept pulling on the Hankercheifs.
              All of a sudden a spiky tail tip popped out of the pouch attached to the last hankercheif, and Zanath remembered what the thing was! It was the greater demon Nagalash, he had put him in the pouch for safekeeping and attached the hankercheifs so he didint lose him. Of course 5 minutes later he had lost the hankercheifs and all sign of the demon. As he remember the cultists he had been holding the demon for had been rather angry at this. And of course 300 years wouldint have done anything to the demons demenor.
              so of course Zanath started pulling on the demons tail. Gradually the spiky snot green 3 story length of the demon was revealed. In the end he had to up end the pouch and as the 6 armed beast sprawled out onto the ground its knobbled head began to twitch as it came out of the sorcerous spell it had been under. Zanath kicked it to help it along and yelled into its ear " hey Naggy you owe me 300 years rent..." he was going to add more but the demon suddenly snapped awake and flicked out an arm in his direction.
              Zanath sailed through the air uttering a loud woop (it was fun!) and smashed into someones window. He picked himself up and turned to see the Demon rise to his full hight and roar. The wall of sound blew out all the windows in the city and everybody within several miles had to cover their ears.
              Zanath grinned. the demon looked relly pissed and would probably attack everybody in town. This may not have been a good idea but he was not known for his good ideas and it sure would be fun!

OOC ok sean you wanted a battle! PS no killing it instantly please

Comment

• :D

Comment

• Mehigan watched as the girl turned away abruptly, letting go of his chest and going to the young man that was hiding behind the soldier. He smiled when the large soldier picked up the girl he had just healed and started to walk off when the young man siad something along the lines of, 'She's not healed......'

"Excuse me young man? What do you mean? I did heal her...." Mehigan gestured into the air and spun his finger and then pointed back at the ground. The young man drifted off the ground slowly and then turned in the air smoothly, and he fell back to the ground, Mehigan took a step to the side, there was a quick rushing of air, and his arm seemed to disappear, along with the rest of his body, as if something was deleting his body from the side.....almost instantly his arm appeared in the air directly in front of the boy, followed by the rest of his body....

"So you think i am un-reliable do you? What are your grounds for these comment's little one? I'm sure i could be just as reliable as the next man....why don't you just give me a chance?" Mehigan clicked his fingers as he looked deeply into the boy's eyes raising an eyebrow slightly, then with a smile he straightened his back and looked to his 'friends' as the boy turned with a somewhat puzzled smile on his face...."Why don't we give him a chance? He doesn't seem THAT bad...."

Mehigan tilted his head to the side with a smile as Ogiratem raised off the ground behind him, still moaning and gripping at his mouth, "We have ourselves a 'compotent', at the very least, bodygaurd....i think i would be a 'worthy' member of your little group?" Mehigan glanced down at the book again and moistened his lips........

:smokin:

Comment

• ooc: is there anything you CAN'T fit in that pouch

ic:Malakai watched the armor and dimunitive human stare at each other for several minutes. He also watched the human summon rabid squirrels that gnawed franticaly at the floating suit. Then there was a blur and the human was flying through the air, and through a wall, a rather thick, stone wall. The suit then walked off, leaving the now tangled human on the ground, saying "come on, it looks like there's a good battle about to start..." saying was the wrong word, it implied that the words had actually been spoken, with the suit it was more like the words smashed their way into your skull and yelled at you.

Malakai turned to follow the suit into the tower, if there was anything he had learnt, it was that wherever the suit went violence followed. Seconds later he was knocked off his feet by a roar that made the araduun's voice sound like a pin dropping. Turning once again he saw a huge green daemonic figure towering mightily over the courtyard.

Now THIS was a chance for a real battle, summoning the obedient roots of the sausage trees once more he directed them to form an augmenting suit around him. The roots rose obediently from the shattered earth, lifting him off the ground, flowing over his armor, cloaking him in green. When the process finished he was a 9 foot tall figure swathed in a myriad sinewy roots, glowing an incandescent green from within. He stalked towards the demon, sword drawn, leaping into the air in a blinding burst of speed and light he swung his mighty sword at the daemonic figure's upper arm, the blow never connected, instead he was thrown asunder by a spiked tail, into the tower. The tower shook with the impact as he slammed into it, groping blindly for a hand hold, he rose from the crumbled masonery like a phoenix rising from the flames, he shouted to the daemon "You'll have to do a LOT better than that!!".

Comment

• As Ham began to look about the tower, it shook and produced dusty grey rubble; a large piece fell square on his face.

"ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Ham summoned up all his strength, distinguished training and superhuman talents and leapt straight upwards screaming the hallowed words, "YOU SUCK!!!!"

He continued surging through the air, breaking floorboards with his face, when he eventually reached the roof of the tower, he grabbed the chandelier tightly at the brim, looking about, he spied assassins, not just any old assassins, they looked like professionals, their suits were pressed and their blades were polished, excitement lingered in the air.

But then Ham heard a confused bystander outside yell "boooo!" and a sausage flew through the window, striking him in the face.

He looked to the nearby window, where the sausage originated from and saw the most wonderous thing he had ever seen in his life; right where he buried his old cloak and vomit, a gigantic tree had grown in his likeness,... Ham felt proud.

All throughout this daydreaming, the assassins had tied him up.

Another sausage flew through the window...

Comment

• Adele looked sympathetically into Bhren's weepy eyes. From her dress pocket she pulled a small handkerchief, looking down to equal his eye level, she dabbed at his tear-soaked face gently. She did not enquire into his story as he told her willingly. Minus the dramatics, Bhren was a natural storyteller; due to the bizzareness of the situation and his story, it was hard not to believe him. After many-an-hour, she too had fallen victim to his sotry. Tears welled into the corners of her eyes. She gruffly blinked them back into non-existence.

Bhren apologised for the destruction of the inn, which tore at her heart. Forcing herself out of being the cold-hearted personality, she planted him into a comforting hug, running her hands through his hair and softly caressing his face in a motherly way. Adele broke away from him, slightly embarrassed, but she masked it expertly by making conversation, long since overdue.

"Bhren, the inn is...replacable, but you...you are not. I think it would be the right time to reveal all of this to you, but give me a moment. Argh...that fiend would do anything for the book. Strangling me was the last straw."

She sat down, falling heavily on an old, ragged staircase leading to the entrance of an abandoned out-house. Bhren eyed her strangely and Adele was compelled to exchange it, but she refrained, taking in a deep breath instead.

"Darling, understand when I say this. The book before you saw it, opened, it was in fact full. I don't remember what it was about as I was told never to read it myself, should a curse be put upon me. I was told that it would eventually read to me by the one who's ife would be spared by it. So in conclusion it grants eternal life. My pursuers are looking for immortality and it is all due to prophecy. I, myself know nothing of the "prophecy", but regardless, you shall stay close to me. For years, people like Ogiratem Turos have sought me for it, they know of the prophecy. I must admit that even Sam knows it's very story. Though, you must know that I am older then I look. The prophecy I am guessing has been diluted. Only you and I can know its real meaning, its story, its beginning... My ignorance shall now be unveiled by you, young one. I can teach you how to use it; as I was trained to show you, but we must make haste, you cannot stay here, should you want to risk the world's destruction, letting the book go into the wrong hands."

She paused tapping the side of her face. "You cannot remove the book directly. If you do, your body becomes uncontrollable and will only cease if the book is replaced, it is a defensive measure. The book can only be removed through exorcism. The ceremony can only be performed by one person...me."

She hesistated and fell silent for a brief moment. "Come! Quickly now! We should leave before we are caught. We must go by stealth, I have no weapon."

ooc: Longest dialogue speech I've ever made. Stupid book.

Comment

• Zanath flipped himself back out through the window and watched Malakai unsuccessfully attack the demon. He heard loud bangs and yelling from inside the tower, It seemed Ham had not noticed the appearance of Nagalash. And of course Araduun was unresponsive so it fell to him, the great Zanath! to stop the evil demon. Of course he ignored the fact he had summoned it in the first place.
                          Zanath whipped out the Nahls reckless dweomer spell and read it again. A gaint explosion then ripped through the square and everybody ducked or jumped away, Zanath stood there and felt nothing bloody hell he thought the damn explosion was a fake! He looked down at the paper he held and threw it away in disgust thing was no damn use here.
                          He then groped around in his pockets and managed to scrounge up a long sword and a small butter knife. And then his arms blurring as he ran forward, he charged the demon, which was busy eating a passerby.
                          Zanath filped about dodging this way and that, slashing and whipping his sword around like a maniac. After a particulaly nasty cut Nagalash decided to deal with the small gnat attacking his foot. His foot whipped out, connected with Zanath then Nagalsh ignored him again to concentrated on more important things.
                          But Zanath was not sent flying, the spikes and ridges of Nagalshes foot had caught in his clothes and Zanath was held pinioned. He wriggled about trying to free himself but there were a lot of spikes. This was going to take a while to get out of he thought.

Comment

• Arggggh! Giladril was torn by indecision. Cleanse the rotting tower in front of him of its foul undead, or spaghettify the green pock-a-dotted demon behind. As his mind processed pro's and con's of these two options he spied the sausage man. Arugh, he couldn't stand sausage, so many bits of suspicious origins. Besides it looked like the demon was intending on staying around for a while. Tower it is then, as he speed up to a gliding sprint.
                            He decided that finding Ham would be his best option, the creature seemed to have a magnetic attraction to undead, they seemed to... pool... around him. His sword slid through the necks of two zombies, followed nearly instantly by their feet, as he took the stairs up the tower three at a time. Damn zombies, they could still bit without heads, but feet... well that caused a bit of trouble. Suddenly he was at the top and flew into a crowded room.
                            Necromancer assassins!! And they had poor little HAM tied up as weel!
                            Giladrils blood swelled and the sword began its rapid skip across the room.

Comment

• Vector turned to see the boy slowly totter over to the evil-eye magician. It wasn't of his own free will, he had seen the wiley mage's thought trick, confirmation that this man wasn't all he see. Raising a hand next to Bhren's ear, he made a simple click with two trunk-like fingers, the sound they gave off was more like two swords breaking against one another. At once, the small boy snapped upright, unaware of what was happening.
                              "You're right, I don't think this man will help us. I think it would be best if we saw this healer friend of yours." He shot off a quick glare at the witch doctor, he wasn't to be trusted. The blue-haired girl, Adele was now pointing to the exit of the alley way, signalling the way. Vector hauled Vespertine up from the ground and proceeded to follow, but quickly let go, for she wasn't asleep anymore.

Vespertine held her ground, looking heavily fatigued with the effort. Beads of moisture rolled off her forehead and made small pools in the mud below.
                              "W..where am I, and where's Vector?" She darted her eyes around the alleyway, before buckling and falling to her knees.
                              "I'm here." grated the baleful voice from deep within the smoke-spouting helmet. At that moment, the black machine walked to her side and, with a brilliant flash of white light, turned back to her familiar sword. The dark elf carefully picked it up and dug his blade into the ground.
                              "I...i'm so tired...Take me home..." she mumbled, before falling into torpor again.

Comment

• Malakai watched the stupidly brave human become entangled in the daemon's toenails. He laughed, and jumped down from the tower, now was the time to slay the daemonic abomination. Right now the creature was busy eating yet another bystander, this one was holding a sasauge in each hand and frantically shouting "Boo!" at it. Remember, sasauge throwing never pays. Malakai began to gather another burst of energy, he didn't need to kill the daemon, he would just inhibit it's ability to cause havoc except where it was useful.

He prepared his weapon for the task, silently mouthing the words for the spell of binding. Leaping into the air, this time behind the daemon he fervently hoped that the blacksmith hadn't skimped on the quality of his sword. Focusing his energy at the point of the sword he plunged towards the creature. His sword struck with a thunderous roar and a searing burst of light, massive lightning bolts sparked and writhed from his sword as the blade was driven deeper into the monster.

The huge daemon roared in fury and pain as Malakai's arcane spells took effect, then in a burst of light so bright that the sun dimmed the daemon was gone. Malakai landed heavily and staggered slightly as he regained his balance. Raising his sword he saw that it had changed, it was now black and bound in blisters of green, the sword swayed slighlty in his hand as Nagalash fought unsuccessfully wthin its new prison.

In his minds eye Malakai examined the sword from within, Nagalash was sulking and, oops!, the foolish human was in there as well. Malakai gave his new sword a good shake and with a loud pop Zanath reappeared and hit the ground, blinking in the bright sunlight and holding one of the daemons toenails.

Releasing the roots that supported him from their enchantment he turned to finally follow the elf and ham into the tower.

Comment

Working...
                                X